Operations Administrative Assistant
Administrative | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Summary: This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the operations department You will support multiple managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to manufacturing and will be expected to effectively communicate with multiple branches when required. The ideal candidate must have the ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately.
Experience: We are seeking a candidate with proven experience in the manufacturing, warehouse, job shop or relatable field.
- 2 - 3+ years administrative experience is preferred. Experience working in manufacturing, job shop, customer service and sales environment preferred. Distribution and/or plastic industry is a plus!
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure; basic shop mathematics to include whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Processes daily invoices. Reviews and charges outstanding credit payments. Runs credit references queries on new customer accounts.
- Prints Cycle Counts. Reviews and balances inventory location accuracy. Makes material adjustments & issues.
- Provides purchase order confirmations & follow up.
- Enters certs into ERP software.
- Processes outside labor into total part costs.
- Work with production to enter and bill WIP (Work in Process).
- Collects tax exempt certs and input into system.
- Enters and processes Return Merchandise Authorization (RMAs) and credits.
- Works with accounting to ensure orders are processed through credit timely.
- Receives and bills direct ship orders.
- Calculates local delivery costs and apply to orders.
- Make bank deposits. Collects customer checks and sends to Corporate. Manages petty cash.
- Reviews and submits vendor invoices to Corporate weekly.
- Files, orders office supplies, answers phones, directs calls and walk-ins..
- Responds to customer specific administrative requests such as daily shipments and quality lists.
- Sends daily emails on freight costs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full Time