Fabrication Customer Service Representative
Operations | Orchard Park, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Position Overview: The Customer Service Representative is responsible for processing Work In Progress (WIP) orders while providing operational support functions. This position communicates with purchasing, sales, operations and warehouse personnel and management as needed.
The Customer Service Representative will service incoming calls and emails to completion of WIP Travelers, while providing outstanding customer service and quality products to customers and potential customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Receive and process Work In Process (WIP) customer orders to completion on all WIP Travelers
- Timely and professionally handle all telephone inquiries related to orders and shipments, price and availability of parts and communicate additional information as required
- Reads print break down of material used per job, adjusts material usage, time per operation issued, and goods receipts.
- Ability to decipher the standard use of machines: bending, flame polishing and thermal forming
- Ensures project documentation and value assurance to accuracy of the job details input by operation/machinist.
- Ability to communicate and work closely with warehouse manager
- Resolves customer complaints resulting from damaged parts, files customer and company freight claims when required
- Provides constructive feedback and weekly summary to management on non-profitable jobs in order to meet company goals and objectives
- Attends and participates in branch sales & training meetings
- 2+ CSR or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong computer knowledge including MS Office applications required
- Knowledge of Syspro preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record of performing work accurately and thoroughly
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
- Collaboration with different groups to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated ability to excel in fast paced environment encompassing company growth and change
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time