Operations | Rockford, IL | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Determines material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; prepares bids; selects vendors or subcontractors and determines cost effectiveness
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
- Plastics industry, industrial and/or distribution background preferred.
- Proficient in MasterCAM, Solidworks, Solutionware
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full Time, Non Exempt