Manufacturing | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Program and set up Lathes independently.
- Optimize programs, set ups, fixtures, process improvements and cycle time reductions.
- Load program, load tooling, program edits, adjust offset, feeds and speeds and tool cutter comp to optimize production while maintaining quality
- Program parts working from schedule, blueprints, solid models, customer specifications and quality standards, written and/or verbal instructions from Supervisor and identifies deviations that may interrupt productivity.
- Submit parts to Quality Control for First Article Inspection (FAI), apply GD&T, in process inspection and maintain high quality and safety standards.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to operators and lower level machinists as required
- Participate in process development, risk mitigation and quoting process when required.
- Utilize various inspection tools such as Calipers, Micrometers, Height Gauges, CMMs, Optical Comparators, gauges and other hand tools to support in-process inspection of parts to maintain consistency and repeatability
- Track job set up and cycle time on traveler and in Lynq software
- Maintain machine operation oil and coolant levels, update preventive maintenance log and communicate any issue or malfunctions outside scope of expertise
- Able to run multiple machines when cycle time permits
- Available to work overtime when necessary
- Ability to work with all types of plastic, metals using correct tooling, feeds and speeds and understand chip load.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- 5+ years Mastercam experience
- Experienced in CNC setup
- Experience with Onsrud routers a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time