Purchasing | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: Work closely with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to develop and implement strategic commodity plans for all assigned categories at the lowest total cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Develop management strategies for assigned commodities
- Work with internal stakeholders to define requirements for sourcing objectives
- Evaluate competitive offers and present sourcing options that meet business requirements
- Ensure selected suppliers are compliant to service level agreements
- Lead the category and supplier spend management activities with respective spend areas.
- Conduct cost and spend analysis in order to develop cost savings initiatives through various cost reduction options
- Carry out administrative responsibilities that effectively manage projects and contracting activities
- Lead and expedite vendor selection and purchasing decisions through appropriate competitive bid and strategic sourcing processes
- Achieve cost reduction savings targets
- Monitor, manage and report on achievements on key purchasing indicators in line with department requirements
- Respond to unforeseen supply failures, working with suppliers to avoid supply chain interruptions
- Identify industry trends and market development for respective categories
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, and supply market intelligence
Education and/or Experience:
- Comprehensive understanding of distribution
- Experience with managing a total portfolio in excess of $10M
- Capable of leading negotiations of pricing contracts
- Strong knowledge of the key aspects of the RFQ sourcing process
- Ability to understand and develop purchasing plans for stocking materials at different warehouses
- Results driven, self-starter, problem solver with proven ability to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Team oriented and excellent communication skills
- MRP/ERP experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Full Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time