Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support | Midwest | Full Time and Contract
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. Our vision is to become and stay the leading SaaS pricing and CPQ solution provider. We are agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market driven innovation. We are very flexible so our customers are from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Robert Bosch, MediaMarktSaturn, Kärcher etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. Great time to join us and grow with us outside the borders.
You can find out more about us:
You will handle incoming tickets from customers and cooperate with fellow support engineers to make sure customer requirements are solved fast and in high quality.
You will be in charge of…
- Triage incoming customer tickets
- Daily follow-up of existing tickets to ensure a customer is always up to date on the current status
- Address new critical tickets with utmost importance
- While on evening and weekend duties, be available within one hour to address new critical tickets or system down situations based on received monitoring alerts.
- Active communication with the engineering team when it comes to investigating and fixing server bugs
What should you have to succeed?
- Basic programming skills (preferably in Java)
- Basic UNIX knowledge (shell scripts, CRON, grep, cat …), MySQL skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to logically address an issue
- Ability to work on standby evenings and weekends on a rotating basis with the other support engineers (every 5 weeks max)
- Good communication skills to reach out to customer/partners but also internally
- Good team spirit
What will you love about us?
Your opinion matters here and you build something new together with respectful and cooperative worldwide team. You get your space and responsibility to bring your ideas to life while working within flexible environment and time. We will give you free choice of your working equipment by giving allowances instead of pre-selected working tools (notebook, mobile). Our offices are exceptional by the look and the atmosphere, but you can also work from home or a park. And you do get over-standard benefits, holidays, sick days etc.