Support Engineer (dedicated customer portfolio)
Customer | Hradec Králové, Czech Republic | Full Time
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. Our vision is to become and stay the leading SaaS pricing and CPQ solution provider. We are agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market driven innovation. We are very flexible, so our customers are from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Bosch, MediaMarkt Saturn, Kärcher, RS Components, Lyreco and more.
We continue our strong growth in terms of new customers, but also in offering additional Support Services. Now is a great time to join and grow with us.
You can find out more about us on our website: http://www.pricefx.eu.
You will be working in a team that Supports a few, dedicated customers with customized services on the 2nd and 3rd level in and around our Pricing applications. You will grow a deep knowledge of and relationship with your customers and come to understand their unique business models.
You and your colleagues will have a broader role than traditionally, as you will also be involved in Change Management, Incident Management, and Release Management – and probably our internal QA teams and consultant teams will rely on your understanding of the customer solution too.
You will work closely with our 3rd level Support team handling all other customers as well as our
Engineering team, Consulting, Operations and other stakeholders. You will be a part of a large cooperative team, but you will organize your work your way based on priorities and your work will be self-managed.
So, if you like multiple challenges, can analyze a bit of code, query a database and are experienced in triaging complex workflow applications plus like the relationship role with your customers, this job is for you.
You will be in charge of…
- Use problem-solving skills to analyze and solve requests coming from our customers
- Managing incidents based on defined ITIL priorities
- Performing root cause analysis
- Understanding Pricefx pricing platform from customer and technical side
- Analyzing logs, code debugging, understanding database queries, monitoring server performance
- Active communication with other teams when it comes to investigating or fixing server bugs, addressing configuration change requests and reporting core bugs
- Being on evening and weekend duties after completed training, be available within one hour to address new Critical tickets or system down situations based on received monitoring alerts
- Proactively sharing knowledge and “how-to” with customers and our teams internally when possible.
What should you have to succeed?
- Proven basic programming skills is a must (preferably in Groovy, Java)
- Basic UNIX knowledge needed (shell scripts, CRON, grep, cat …)
- MySQL/Postgres skills, understanding logs
- Knowledge and interest in coding, SQL, web technologies (HTML, JSON, REST API), GIT
- Experience with ticketing systems or development methodologies – working with priorities, SLA, statuses, workflows, JIRA
- Excellent communication and writing skills – reaching out to customers/internal teams, expanding documentation/how-to articles, reporting bugs into JIRA
Other Job Specifics…
- Full-time employment
- Ability to work on standby evenings and weekends on a rotating basis with the other support engineers (every 2-5 weeks max - after completed training)
- Hradec Kralove, Prague or Ostrava (Czech Republic)
What will you love about us?
Your opinion matters here, and you build something new together with a respectful and cooperative worldwide team. You get your space and responsibility to bring your ideas to life while working within a flexible environment and time. We will give you free choice of your working equipment by giving allowances instead of pre-selected working tools (notebook, mobile). Our offices are exceptional by the look and the atmosphere, but you can also work from home or a park. And you do get over-standard benefits, holidays, sick days, etc.
IN CASE YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND US YOUR CV IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in GDPR for Candidates.