Project Engineer - Heavy Civil
Foundation | Newtown, PA | Full Time
Established in 1969, PKF-Mark III, Inc. ("PKF") is an employee-owned corporation, which places substantial emphasis on self-performance to expand and distinguish itself as a premier general contractor with unique engineering, bidding, construction, and management capabilities not available in competitors.
PKF's project list includes significant bridge & roadway projects, water & wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, power plants, complex electrical systems, rail systems, foundations, and tunnels throughout New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
PKF offers employees rewarding careers in the construction industry. Priding ourselves on the quality of our workforce, the PKF approach is founded upon strong, collaborative efforts that ensure the sharing of ideas and the involvement of all stakeholders. As thought leaders in the industry, our team creates solutions that get the job done on time and done correctly.
Throughout its history, PKF’s hallmarks of SAFETY, QUALITY, and ON-TIME CONSTRUCTION have been evident in our projects. Shaped by industry leading professionals, employee owners and highly skilled craft personnel, in all we do, we live by and strive to demonstrate "Excellence Built on Integrity."
PKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are seeking individuals with 4-5 years of Engineer / Project Engineer experience, ideally who are familiar with heavy construction, including: highways, water plants, wastewater plants, and industrial facilities. Ideal candidates possess strong personal initiative, excellent planning and problem solving capabilities, effective interpersonal skills, and an unwavering commitment to safety.
- Impact through review, coordination, submission, and tracking all project submittals
- Perform construction design including form/pour drawings, major pick plans, and layout of pipe/equipment/conduit
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and other topographical and geographical data to plan work tasks
- Manage project controls and performance with field personnel to track, control and deliver successful results
- Monitor subcontractor/vendor progress
- Generate and update job cost reports for the project
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or related
- 4+ years of experience working in the heavy civil industry
- Ability to meet fast-paced, changing schedules and priorities
- Keen awareness of industry recommended practices, OSHA requirements, equipment, and QA/QC
- Microsoft Office, P6, Bluebeam, Autocad proficiency
- Valid driver’s license
- Local travel (within 1-2 hours)
- Ability to manage people
- Ability to build and maintain a P6 CPM Schedule
- Ability to manage project documents
- Experience in customer relationships
- Understand and maintain project quantities
Additional Skills & Experience & Certifications:
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification, a plus
Perks (At least the following):
- Competitive wages, incentive compensation, 401(k) match
- Opportunities for personal career growth and company ownership