Superintendent - Heavy Civil
Foundation | Newtown, PA | Full Time
Established in 1969, PKF-Mark III, Inc. ("PKF") is an employee-owned corporation, which places substantial emphasis on self-performance to expand and distinguish itself as a premier general contractor with unique engineering, bidding, construction, and management capabilities not available in competitors.
PKF's project list includes significant bridge & roadway projects, water & wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, power plants, complex electrical systems, rail systems, foundations, and tunnels throughout New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
PKF offers employees rewarding careers in the construction industry. Priding ourselves on the quality of our workforce, the PKF approach is founded upon strong, collaborative efforts that ensure the sharing of ideas and the involvement of all stakeholders. As thought leaders in the industry, our team creates solutions that get the job done on time and done correctly.
Throughout its history, PKF’s hallmarks of SAFETY, QUALITY, and ON-TIME CONSTRUCTION have been evident in our projects. Shaped by industry leading professionals, employee owners and highly skilled craft personnel, in all we do, we live by and strive to demonstrate "Excellence Built on Integrity."
PKF-Mark III, Inc. is in search of heavy civil Project Superintendents and Superintendents capable of supervising multiple field crews and subcontractors with regards to all project needs. The ideal candidate possesses strong personal initiative, excellent planning and problem solving capabilities, effective interpersonal skills, and an unwavering commitment to safety.
- Use leadership skills to motivate, assign work tasks to, and direct field crews
- Ensure all tasks are completed with the highest level of safety
- Provide field crews with the information, tools, equipment and materials needed to complete their tasks safely, correctly, and productively
- Monitor and track subcontractor(s)' progress, holding costs to scheduled expectations
- Understand and participate in productivity and cost tracking and review
- Utilize QA/QC processes to ensure that the quality of work completed on the project is of the highest obtainable level
- Responsible for all construction and construction related activities at their assigned project site operations
- Able to recognize, and respond proactively to, differing site conditions, unanticipated conditions, and other unforeseen challenges
- Maintain a high attention to detail with respect to the submission of all required paperwork, submittals, material tracking and document control
- Produce and deliver weekly safety reports
- 5+ years of experience working in the heavy civil industry, with a history of demonstrated responsibility
- Ability to meet fast-paced, changing schedules and priorities
- Keen awareness of industry recommended practices, OSHA requirements, equipment, and QA/QC
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Valid driver’s license
- Local travel (within 1-2 hours)
Additional Skills & Experience & Certifications:
- OSHA 10-Hour and/or 30-Hour Certification a plus
Perks (At least the following):
- Competitive wages, incentive compensation, 401(k) match
- Graduated paid-days-off policy
- Opportunities for personal career growth and company ownership