Sheet Metal Shop Fabricator
Operations | Greer, SC | Full Time | Opened over 1 year ago
Sheet Metal Shop Fabricator Positions Open Now!
About Pickens Contracting, Inc (Formerly known as Pickens Roofing):
We are a family owned Roofing, ACM Panel Installation, and Sheet Metal Contracting Company located in the Upstate since 1904. Our main office has recently relocated to Greer, SC, but our field crews work on multiple site locations.
We currently have approximately 100 employees and growing rapidly! This person must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment. There is room for growth in this position as the Company grows for a very self-motivated and quick learner!
Our Sheet Metal Division is rapidly growing in the SC and NC areas and we are seeking top talent in the Upstate, SC
- Looking for:
- Folder Operator
- General Helper
- Sheet Metal Layout
- All positions need to be able to:
- Communicating with members of the crew as well as project supervisor.
- Maintain project area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Ability to use all hand tools associated with sheet metal fabrication including simple hand tools and specific sheet metal related tools.
- Ability to identify safety hazards in project area and take corrective measures to eliminate or reduce risks associated with those hazards.
- Capable of taking constructive criticism and learning from mistakes.
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver heavy weighted objects including materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication machinery and tools
- Ability to lift 40 - 75lbs
- Dependable and able to be at work on time.
Education and Experience
- Must be willing to perform strenuous work when needed.
- Must be able to perform work in hot weather permitting conditions.
- Driver’s License is required in lead role and reliable transportation is required in installer positions.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Flexibility to travel to local and out of town jobsites.
Benefits offered after eligibility period:
Short Term Disability
401k (After 1yr employment)
Pickens Contracting, Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.