Operations | Greer, SC | Full Time | Opened 3 months ago
Fast growing family owned commercial roofing, siding, and sheet metal contracting company located in the Upstate since 1904. Our office is located in Greer, SC. We currently have approximately 150 employees.
This person must be able to adapt to a fast paced environment. There is room for growth in this position as the Company grows for a very self motivated and quick learner!
- Setting project sites up including equipment and scaffolding.
- Identifying safety related issues and correcting those issues including making sure that all members of the crew are meeting OSHA safety standards.
- Working with project supervisor to set daily goals and then directing the crew to meet those goals.
- Coordinating project activities with interior operations of the building’s schedule.
- Protecting the building and building content for any projects that they are working on.
- Understanding the overall roof assembly being installed and overseeing the installation of the materials into a complete and functional roofing system.
- Understanding how materials and roofing systems go together and come apart in order to complete repairs to existing roofing systems.
- Communicating with members of the crew as well as project supervisor and/or business owner.
- Maintaining project sites in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Ability to identify specific types of roofing materials and implement proper installation and repair methods.
- Ability to use all hand tools associated with roofing installation including simple hand tools and specific roofing related tools.
- Ability to identify safety hazards on project sites and take corrective measures to eliminate or reduce risks associated with those hazards.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral communications with crew members and project supervisors. The ability to listen is a critical aspect of communications.
- Capable of taking constructive criticism and learning from mistakes.
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver heavy weighted objects including materials and equipment.
- Ability to work at heights as well as access heights from a ladder.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must have a current valid Driver's License and submit to an MVR.
- Must have at least 2 years of commercial roofing experience
- Must be willing to perform strenuous work when needed.798