Operations | Greer, SC | Full Time
About Pickens Contracting, Inc (Formerly known as Pickens Roofing):
We are a family owned Roofing, Panel Installation, and Sheet Metal Contracting Company located in the Upstate since 1904. Our main office has recently relocated to Greer, SC, but our field crews work on multiple site locations and currently seeking multiple positions in the Division to work on our ongoing projects locally!
We currently have approximately 150 employees and growing rapidly! This person must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment. There is room for growth in this position as the Company grows for a very self-motivated and quick learner!
We are looking for individuals who are motivated to grow with our company in their career and not just another job on paper. If you are driven, motivated, hardworking, and are willing to learn new skills this is a job for you!
Visit our website at www.pickenscontracting.com to learn more about us!
- Helping set up project sites including equipment and scaffolding.
- Helping to protect project site including setting up safety related equipment.
- Assist in the removal and disposal of debris created from removing existing roofing systems.
- Assist in the cleanup and maintenance of project sites in neat and clean order.
- Observing how projects work and continuing to learn and build their personal skills.
- Learn how to work safe on projects sites.
- Moving materials on project sites. This may include moving materials into position for installation.
- Assisting in warehouse cleanup and other job duties assigned when not working directly on a jobsite.
- Ability to use a tape measure.
- Ability to use simple hand tools including hammer, utility knife and chalk line.
- Ability to use a broom and other cleaning tools effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Communications include listening, speaking and written.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver heavy weighted objects.
Education and Experience
- Must be willing to perform strenuous work when needed.
- Must be able to perform work in hot weather permitting conditions.
- Drivers License is preferable but not required. Reliable transportation is required.
- Construction Industry experience is preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Flexibility to travel to local and out of town jobsites.
Benefits offered after eligibility period:
Short Term Disability
Pickens Contracting, Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.