Operations | Greer, SC | Full Time
Fast growing family owned commercial roofing, siding, and sheet metal contracting company located in the Upstate since 1904. Our office is in Greer, SC. We currently have approximately 150 employees.
This person must be able to adapt to a fast paced environment. There is room for growth in this position as the Company grows for a very self motivated and quick learner!
The Project Manager is responsible for project management of the commercial roofing projects & special projects – plan and manage assigned projects so that they are completed on time, on budget with a highly satisfied customer. Assist in winning profitable repeat business by cultivating relationships during management of your projects. Estimating change orders (if requested). Other requests, work activities or projects may be assigned as needed.
- The Project Manager reports to, and is accountable to the COO of the company.
- There also exists a need for this individual to coordinate the project activity with the COO, office staff, and Superintendents.
Project Management – Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guide Operations Team in the set-up and management of projects with regard to:
- Project compliance - specs, proposals etc.
- Meeting Project Goals and Objectives – Pre and Post planning
- Scheduling & Man Power Needs
- Manages superintendents and foremen work flow and daily activity. Delegates necessary work as needed.
- Maintains a complete understanding of all projects under contract - proposal information prepared and presented by the Company, contracts specifics, change order management and project close out.
- Maintains master project schedule and crew demands for review and coordination with the COO and Team
- Purchases materials, secures subcontractors, and directs field personnel on project issues as needed
- Coordinates weekly one-on-one meeting with COO. Update percent complete on all working projects, review change orders as needed, last minute needs for projects.
- Assists in preparation of monthly billing and forecasting – accounting department
- Verifies satisfaction of work completed, accuracy of billings, delivers the Contractor and Manufacturer warranties, and assures proper close-out activities involving service and maintenance departments
- Attends job status meetings (as needed)
- Jobsite visits; weekly meetings and roof top visits (as needed)