Operations | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
About Pickens Contracting, Inc (Formerly known as Pickens Roofing):
We are a family owned Roofing, Panel Installation, and Sheet Metal Contracting Company located in the Upstate since 1904. Our main office has recently relocated to Greer, SC, but our field crews work on multiple site locations and currently seeking 5+ new employees in the Charlotte. NC area to work on our ongoing projects locally!
We currently have approximately 150 employees and growing rapidly! This person must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment. There is room for growth in this position as the Company grows for a very self-motivated and quick learner!
We are looking for individuals who are motivated to grow with our company in their career and not just another job on paper. If you are driven, motivated, hard working, and are willing to learn new skills this is a job for you!
- Setting project sites up including equipment and scaffolding.
- Identifying safety related issues and correcting those issues including making sure that all members of the crew are meeting OSHA safety standards.
- Protecting the building and building content for any projects that they are working on.
- Understanding the overall panel assembly and overseeing the installation of the materials into a complete and functional project.
- Communicating with members of the crew as well as project supervisor and/or business owner.
- Maintaining project sites in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Ability to use all hand tools associated with panel installation including simple hand tools and specific panel related tools.
- Ability to identify safety hazards on project sites and take corrective measures to eliminate or reduce risks associated with those hazards.
- Capable of taking constructive criticism and learning from mistakes.
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver heavy weighted objects including materials and equipment.
- Ability to work at heights as well as access heights from a ladder.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to perform strenuous work when needed.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
Pickens Contracting, Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.