Class A CDL Driver
Operations | Greer, SC | Full Time
Class A CDL Driver
About Pickens Contracting, Inc (Formerly known as Pickens Roofing):
We are a family owned Roofing, ACM Panel Installation, and Sheet Metal Contracting Company located in the Upstate since 1904. Our main office has recently relocated to Greer, SC, but our field crews work on multiple site locations.
We currently have approximately 150 employees and growing rapidly! This person must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment. There is room for growth in this position as the Company grows for a very self-motivated and quick learner!
Visit our website at www.pickenscontracting.com to learn more about us!
A Class A CDL or commercial driver license is required. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and background test.
- Drive long distances (no more than 500 miles round trip) to deliver goods or equipment.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS system.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
- Must be willing to work onsite when needed in warehouse on various duties.
Driver Requirements and Education:
- Class A CDL or commercial driver license for 5+ years.
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must pass DOT physical.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must provide current MVR.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to perform strenuous work when needed.
Benefits offered after eligibility period:
Short Term Disability
Pickens Contracting, Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.