Technician - Physical Security
Physical Security | Grand Rapids, MI | Full Time
People Driven Technology, Inc is a technology value-added reseller. We are a family-owned, local firm that focuses on simple, scalable business and technical outcomes for our clients. We leverage our decades of the combined business, technology, and engineering experience to deliver these outcomes, in a methodical manner.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability.
- Competitive compensation.
- Collaborative and welcoming office culture.
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off.
The company is seeking to hire a Physical Security Technician who will be responsible for working alongside project management and engineers to install various physical security devices in a variety of environments. Candidates need to be proactive, customer-focused, and resourceful with a strong understanding of how physical security technology protects business assets. The Physical Security Technician will be involved in the entire project delivery cycle, specifically installation efforts.
- Install access control and video management system hardware based on industry best practice standards.
- Install low-voltage wire for access control and video surveillance systems.
- Termination and testing of all electronic connections.
- Install network appliances.
- Review, interpret and properly execute project plans: drawings, specifications, project data.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Maintain accurate installation and service records and create precise as-built documentation.
- Provide installation knowledge related to access control and video surveillance systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures and errors.
- Safely operate and maintain an assigned company vehicle.
- Obtain and maintain industry certifications and licenses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous access control and/or video surveillance system installation experience preferred.
- Mechanically inclined and resourceful.
- Analytical and critical thinker.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-starter that is excited to be part of the initial group of employees for a high-growth company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment.