Systems Engineer - Physical Security
Physical Security | Grand Rapids, MI | Full Time
People Driven Technology, Inc is a technology value-added reseller. We are a family-owned, local firm that focuses on simple, scalable business and technical outcomes for our clients. We leverage our decades of the combined business, technology, and engineering experience to deliver these outcomes, in a methodical manner.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability.
- Competitive compensation.
- Collaborative and welcoming office culture.
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off.
The company is seeking to hire a Physical Security Systems Engineer who will be responsible for working alongside project management and enterprise architects to install, commission, and test various physical security systems in a variety of environments. Candidates need to be proactive, customer-focused, and resourceful with a strong understanding of how physical security technology protects business assets. The Physical Security Engineer will be involved in the entire project delivery cycle, including leading projects implementation, commissioning, and maintenance.
- Deploy access control and video management systems based on industry best practice standards.
- Install low-voltage wire and hardware for access control and video surveillance systems.
- Setup, program, and configure network appliances and related software.
- Commission and test newly installed access control and video surveillance systems.
- Review, interpret and properly execute project plans: drawings, specifications, project data.
- Participate in project meetings with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Create training documents and instruct end-users in the use of systems.
- Maintain accurate installation and service records and create precise as-built documentation.
- Provide subject matter expertise related to access control and video surveillance systems.
- Respond to phone, email, voicemail, and verbal inquiries and collaborate closely with vendors to inspect, troubleshoot, and assure timely resolution of service issues.
- Safely operate and maintain an assigned company vehicle.
- Obtain and maintain industry certifications and licenses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous access control and/or video surveillance system installation experience preferred.
- Mechanically inclined and resourceful.
- Analytical and critical thinker.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-starter that is excited to be part of the initial group of employees for a high-growth company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment.