Senior Project Manager - Capital Project Management
Capital Project Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Job Title: Senior Project Manager - Capital Project Management
Reports to: Area Director
Location: San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA (West Coast) - in person 3-5 days a week
Pacific Program Management (PPM) provides clients the leadership and management oversight of their work space strategy, space development, and space transitions for their people and business across the U.S. and Internationally.
PPM is a fast-growing, real estate project and program management firm that helps companies reimagine their workspace to enable the potential of people through a personalized, resourceful, and connected approach. Our people-centric ethos guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution through our three service lines of: Work Space Consulting, Capital Project Management, and Transition and Relocation Management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building savvy, diverse teams that thrive in fast-paced, collaborative, agile and fun environments. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. Diversity to PPM means having a team that represents our communities and the clients we serve. Our people have different backgrounds and histories, experiences and expertise, and perspectives and opinions. We are not one piece of fabric, but many different pieces of fabric seamlessly stitched together. Our teams embody our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, and our culture thrives on our balance of care with accountability. We are One PPM.
While we are committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities - and each other. With a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work, our team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with reimagining our own.
Key Company Info
- Founded in 2009 to provide value driven outcomes, and impeccable service to our Partners (Clients) and People in a personalized, resourceful and connected relationship
- Our diverse team of over 150 People allows for us to connect and build trust with a diversity of Clients and Communities
- Our Vision is to be the Partner of choice anywhere we can provide high quality outcomes and experiences with sustainable growth
- Our Mission is to continue to grow and help improve our people, partners and communities helping them define and guide them to greatness
- Our core PPM values are: Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty, & Leadership.
- Our priorities and decision-making start with our People and Partners (Clients) followed by PPM Performance
We believe in building great teams that thrive in a collaborative and welcoming environment. Our approach is entrepreneurial and scalable, with the highest level of quality and professionalism. We balance care with accountability.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) – Capital Project Management (CPM) will work with PPM leadership and business partners in support of the organization's strategic goals. The Senior Project Manager may supervise one or more project managers, assistant project managers, and or project coordinators. Additionally, they will work closely with and provide detailed progress reports to the business unit director. This role is responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of projects. They are responsible for estimating fees, scoping work, preparing proposals, and oversight of the contract process. The Senior Project Manager will also initiate strategic plans, managing the design, development, and implementation of commercial real estate projects on behalf of the client, using established processes, experience, and expertise.
This individual has an ability to communicate clearly with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal customers, and team members to lead a project team to meet or exceed a common set of goals. They must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service, teamwork, and attention to detail to ensure client satisfaction. They can deal with ambiguity and conflict while maintaining professionalism and focus on the project goals. This role includes business development and a focus on expanding current and future client opportunities.
The Senior Project Manager must be a strong leader who contributes to PPM’s STIHL Values and team-oriented environment, with a positive, proactive, integrated, people-centric approach, with the ability and experience to motivate and keep the project delivery team aligned.
- Lead day to day operations and deliver on strategy and operational plans against the strategic vision for the company and client.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to various technical, professional, and/or administrative personnel engaged in specified project activities.
- Identify and develop existing and new client opportunities, client engagements, proposal writing, interviews, and follow-up.
- Assist the company in growing accounts horizontally and vertically by outstanding project delivery, client service, process improvements, and support.
- Maintain schedule of upcoming projects and activities needed to implement plan for identified clients using PPM/Client platforms and technologies.
- Communicate directly with client to define project goals, budget, schedule, scope, and provide project status and variance reports, successfully negotiate solutions to problems focused on delivering value to the client.
- Manage relationships with external partners and vendors with a clear understanding of processes and deliverables, and review invoice and change orders.
- Demonstrate capability to read and understand project documents such as lease agreements, work letters, contracts, drawings, client work requests, and vendor proposals.
- Utilize PPM and / or client project tools and templates to maintain accurate project documentation files.
- Track and manage value logs monthly for qualitative and quantitative value adds to the client projects, client operations, and team.
- Quality control of project outcomes.
- Facilitate project meetings and ensure that all meetings are accurately documented, and meeting minutes are distributed.
- Ensure that onsite field audits are conducted before, during and after completion of project.
- Provide measurable and timely response to client and team inquiries and concerns.
- Supervise, develop and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments to provide development for career growth.
- Work with internal PPM teams as an internal customer facing point of contact.
- Build productive positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence.
- Report out on projects to PPM Director on agreed basis.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between projects and associate teams.
- Execute new initiatives, document best practices, drive efficiencies and streamline internal processes.
- Manages and reports on all project metrics for projects; prepare performance data, customer data, and other insights. Identify needed actions and capture lessons learned and plans to improve or leverage strengths.
- Maintain various data sources and dashboards to track key project milestones standards, and lessons learned.
- Lead responses to patterns, turn data into information, information into action, and action into value.
- Fully support team in resolving project issues and/or escalations.
- Integrate with program initiatives and objectives.
- Act as liaison between program and project teams to ensure best practices are applied.
- Work directly with leadership on regional strategy, growth projections, and risk assessment.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, management, and integrations skills.
- Manage and approve project scope, timeline, and budget for team.
- Manage a team of 1-5 direct reports (if applicable).
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) preferred.
- Minimum of 9 - 10 years of related experience in project management, business management, or related area of study.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a project management capacity with experience in leading, motivating, and developing employees.
- PMI or PMP certification or similar from an accredited organization is preferred.
- Experience in managing delivery of customer-facing and internally facing products or services.
- Contract Management experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio.
- The person in this role needs to be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Flexibility to travel as needed for individual projects.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.