Senior Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Operations | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Job Title: Senior Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Director of People Operations
Location: Seattle, WA
Are you interested in working for a company that helps clients reimagine their workspace and are leaders in their industry? If you are savvy, caring, inventive, nimble, and resourceful, you need to read on.
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is looking for a Senior Payroll & Benefits Administrator to support our organization.
As the Senior Payroll & Benefits Admin, you will primarily work with Human Resources (HR) and the Business Support Operations (BSO) teams. You will be supporting the entire PPM team with payroll and benefits.
You will own and lead the entire payroll and benefits process and execution for 100+ employees across various states within ADP Work Force Now for semi-monthly payroll. You will manage all tax filings and funding, working with outside tax providers to resolve any balancing issues and problems relating to payroll tax and or tax agencies. You will prepare, manage & reconcile quarterly and annual filings such as W-2’s, ACA, state Paid Family Leave, etc. You will ensure appropriate withholding of federal, state, local, provincial income taxes, voluntary and involuntary deductions are taken and accounted for throughout the payroll lifecycle including benefits, 401K, and garnishments. You conduct regular audits and correct benefit deduction and enrollment discrepancies to ensure data accuracy.
Fast forward a year, what will you be doing?
You have become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in payroll and benefits for the company. You are consistent with your deadlines and commitments for quarterly and annual findings, great at correspondence, and your follow up is strong. You are consistently completing tasks with no outstanding items or tickets in a concise manner. You are resourceful and innovative. You have built strong relationships with existing internal customers, and vendor partners and are able to establish rapport with new parties.
You can recommend, develop, and implement changes to processes, procedures, and workflows, leading to greater efficiency and accuracy throughout the payroll and benefits operations. You are consistently ensuring compliance with state and federal laws affecting group benefit management administration including but not limited to: ACA HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, Section 125, Qualified Medical Child Support Orders, Form 550 and state regulations.
You maintain an in-depth knowledge and expertise in employee benefits services, make recommendations on pending legislative actions regarding benefits, conduct benefits research, and responds to benefits issues and answers benefits queries.
How will you get there?
- Completing onboarding, meet the team internally
- Familiarize with PPM ADP Work Force Now platform
- Understand current state and other various PPM technology platforms
- Dive into benefits and introduce yourself to vendor partner contacts related to Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Life Insurance, 401k, Commuter Benefit, etc.
- Understand new hire set up within ADP
- Get up to speed on systems to execute payroll
- Set up open enrollment to be ready for June 2021 benefit season
- Continued learning of ADP system ex. navigation and creation of reporting as requested
- Work with HR to complete employment verifications
- Comfortably update and send bonus accruals to accounting team
- Manage health and wellness program audits to be set up in ADP
- Manage timesheet code changes and continual audits
- Process W2’s, 1095 ACA reporting, etc. in preparation for new calendar year
- Transfer current commuter program into Navia Benefit program
- Manage FMLA process from start to finish
- Send out monthly and weekly employee project hours report to leadership
- Set up new business licenses and payroll taxes for any new states PPM pursues
- Must attend quarterly vendor partner meetings regarding medical benefits not ensure benefit plans are effective
What you will Need:
- 5+ years of multi-state payroll processing & benefits administration experience
- Knowledge of various tax laws from different states, deductions, withholdings, amendments, garnishments, and other payroll functions
- Experience with ADP Work Force Now payroll & benefits systems implementation
- Detailed experience with benefit administration
- Strong problem solver & analytical skills
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program management company that helps companies reimagine their workspace to enable the potential of people. Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution through our three service lines of workplace consulting, capital project management, and transition and relocation management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. We are rooted in values, our foundation is built upon our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Founded in 2009, PPM is headquartered in Seattle with operations across the country including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Because everything we do and everything we are points to our purpose- to reimagine the potential of people and space.