Capital Project Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Job Title: Project Manager
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program management firm that helps companies reimagine their workplace to enable the potential of people. Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution though our three service lines of workplace consulting, capital project management, and transition and relocation management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. Our teams embody our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Key Company Info
- Our mission is to provide a personalized project management approach with boutique-level connection.
- Our approach is entrepreneurial and scalable, with the highest level of quality and professionalism.
- Our core PPM values are: Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty, & Leadership.
- Our priorities and decision-making start with our People and Partners followed by PPM Performance.
We believe in building great teams that thrive in a collaborative and welcoming environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success as well as the success of our clients and partners.
This role will report directly to the Associate Director and service Capital Project Management client accounts within the Greater San Francisco Bay Area.
Our Project Managers represent our clients’ interests in ground-up development, Tenant Improvements, Expansions and refresh projects while actively practicing our internal Core Values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership. The Project Manager position manages and leads the coordination of activities of an internal team and vendor partners to provide complete support to the client for all project requests. A successful candidate has an ability to communicate clearly with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal customers, team members and vendor partners and lead a project team around a common set of goals. This role requires the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service, teamwork, and attention to detail in order to insure client satisfaction. Must be able to deal with conflicts while maintaining professionalism and focus on the project goals.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding client vision, goals and milestones to successfully develop project management plan for Ground-up building, interior fit-outs, renovations, furniture and systems management.
- Experience managing multiple projects of scope and scale for multiple clients seamlessly and simultaneously
- General understanding of building codes, permitting and local authorities having jurisdiction
- Develop and lead a project team of key stakeholders, internal team members and vendor partners who meet the deliverables of the project
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for real estate construction projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and coordinate the client, client’s consultants, design team, contractors and vendors for delivery of various projects of size and scale
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand project documents including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, architectural and engineering drawings, building infrastructure, Security, AV/IT, FF&E schedules, contractor and vendor proposals, and financial summaries
- Communicates directly with client to define project goals and provide reports on project status and variances
- Lead timely communications with client project team and client stakeholders to understand project changes, transitions and anticipated conditions help manage expectations
- Identifies project resources from pre-qualified lists and conducts request for proposals; completes bid analysis for approval
- Conduct onsite field audits before, during and after completion of project
- Develops and maintains complete knowledge of contractor, vendor service and material capabilities. Complete understanding of vendor processes and deliverables
- Oversee the project administrative processes and maintain accurate project documentation files in a timely manner
- Facilitates project meetings and insures that all meetings are accurately documented and distributed
- Track and manage project issues and resolutions
- Required to manage own projects while supervising direct reports
- Role requires daily communication with client and team members. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to review design plans and documents and translate to in-field execution for accuracy
- Deliver presentations, produce project status reports, and communicate deliverables to management teams, clients and potential clients
- Will assist the company in growing accounts horizontally and vertically by outstanding project delivery, client service, process improvements and support
- Actively participate in real estate industry organizations within the local community
- Actively support the internal team that focuses on business development
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree (BA/BS/M) in architecture, construction management, engineering, real estate or related industries preferred
- Minimum of five years of design and construction project management experience required.
- Preferred candidate will have certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Construction Manager (CCM) and/or LEED accreditation.
- Preferred candidate will have experience with change management and relocation project management.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, Bluebeam, OneNote. Experience with Quip, SharePoint, PlanGrid and other construction software is a plus
- The person in this role needs to be able to occasionally life up to 25 pounds
- Ability to travel between client and/or project sites up to 50% of time within the greater San Francisco Bay Area
- Must be able to safely access construction sites
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.