Business Intelligence Associate Director
Transition & Relocation Management - Account | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Job Title: Associate Director - Business Intelligence
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director
Location: Seattle, WA
Are you interested in working for a company that helps clients reimagine their workspace and are leaders in their industry? If you are savvy, caring, inventive, nimble, and resourceful, you need to read on.
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is looking for an Associate Director (ADIR) of Business Intelligence (BI) to support our Client Account as well as our PPM internal teams.
As the ADIR of BI, you will work with and manage a team of 3 direct reports and work with the leadership team on all PPM & Client Account BI needs. This is a new position based on increased work and strategic growth. You will be supporting the PPM enterprise and a large client account team located in the Seattle market to deliver projects across multiple sites.
You will own and lead the development, implementation and optimization of the organizational business intelligence strategy, and the execution of that strategy. You will manage the overall architecture, design, development and maintenance of reporting solutions and related business intelligence services. You will employ business intelligence tools and methods to evaluate, translate, and synthesize business data into actionable reports and deliver accurate and impactful analysis based on a solid understanding of data sources, data governance and business requirements.
You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to identify, assess, prioritize and implement emerging BI technology solutions and directly support programs, projects, needs assessments, investment plans, and business cases with customized analysis, data and data driven recommendations.
You will help shape and own the vision, strategy, and development of this department, its performance, and its people and be responsible for leading, directing and consulting with a cross functional staff comprised of business unit leaders, program managers, analysts, developers and IT specialists.
Fast forward a year, what will you be doing?
You have become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in workplace management for PPM and your clients. You are consistent with your deadlines and commitments, great at correspondence, and your follow up is strong. You are consistently completing tasks with no outstanding items. You have built strong relationships with existing clients, customers, and vendor partners and are able to establish rapport with new parties.
You are a player and a coach. You can identify, manage and govern data. Not only are you living and breathing in the data world, but you can also connect data and our stakeholders. You can stand up and deliver full dashboards that illustrate and support financial decision making and forecasting. You can confidently work with a wide range of stakeholders to identify critical data requirements and be able to present them in a repeatable, streamlined and highly governed environment.
You will have developed metrics for all functional areas and accounts (HR, marketing, finance, operations, etc.). You have established great data sources, processes and analytics. You have helped PPM inform and create the BI strategy to drive the business and developed a road map for success.
How will you get there?
- Complete onboarding and meet the team
- Begin developing relationships with direct reports and senior program management
- Understand the current state of PPM technology platforms
- Introduced to the broader PPM teams
- Commence drafting of a the PPM BI Strategy
- Work with team to develop a 30-60-90-1 year plan for achieving the BI Strategy
- Conduct preliminary data requirements gathering for all internal customers and external clients
- Meet with key client stakeholders
- Deliver the initial PPM BI Strategy
- Deliver 30-60-90-1 year plan for achieving the initial PPM BI Strategy
- Complete assessment of the state of PPM technology platforms, tools and technologies and make recommendations
- Continue to track and deepen understanding of PPM platforms, tools, and technology
- Recommendations are implemented or in progress
- Working towards successful implementation of the PPM BI strategy
- Grow in the role and continue to elevate towards strategy
- Establish initial metrics for all PPM functional areas and client needs to measure performance and to identify areas for improvement
What you will Need:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) preferred
- An experienced data professional with demonstrated ability in analyzing data and constructing reports to answer business questions
- Expertise in industry-leading data visualization tools including Power BI, Tableau and Quicksight
- Solid understanding of SQL and SQL Developer tools. Including the ability to data-mine, analyze results, and make recommendations
- Experience with data analysis tools (Alteryx, SPSS, SAS, Pandas etc.)
- Experienced in survey and requirements elicitation techniques
- Experienced in process and business requirements documentation
- Commercially and customer minded with high capability to put yourself in the position of your customers to understand their business requirements
- Ability to understand and formalize business problems, identify key challenges, and develop solutions utilizing data
- High intellectual curiosity and willingness to tackle complex/technical problems and to generate impactful business insights and solutions
- Effectively communicate complex ideas to primary business partners, both verbally and in writing
- Proven experience in managing and leading teams
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program management company that helps companies reimagine their workspace to enable the potential of people. Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution through our three service lines of workplace consulting, capital project management, and transition and relocation management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. We are rooted in values, our foundation is built upon our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Founded in 2009, PPM is headquartered in Seattle with operations across the country including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Because everything we do and everything we are points to our purpose- to reimagine the potential of people and space.