Assistant Project Manager
Transition & Relocation Management - Account | Herndon, VA | Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Project Manager - Workplace Manager I
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Herndon, VA
Are you interested in working for a company that helps clients reimagine their workspace and are leaders in their industry? If you are savvy, caring, inventive, nimble, and resourceful, you need to read on.
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is looking for a Workplace Manager I in Herndon, VA to sit on site and support a client campus program. This is a new position based on a continued increase of work. You will be supporting the regional account team in the South Bay market to deliver projects to your clients across multiple sites.
You are organized and you have exceptional interpersonal savvy skills. You are agile and adaptable to whatever situation arises. Maintaining strength without being abrasive in communication. You can work with and build relationships across multiple internal, vendor, and client teams. You are a critical thinker who is curious but will ask questions if you are unsure.
Fast forward a year, what will you be doing?
You have become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in workplace management for your client. You are consistent with your deadlines and commitments, great at correspondence, and your follow up is strong. You are consistently completing tasks with no outstanding items or tickets. You have built strong relationships with existing clients, customers, and vendor partners and are able to establish rapport with new parties.
How will you get there?
- Meet the client and start building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Learn to navigate client and internal systems
- Schedule management
- Shadow team on projects and tasks
- Learn and begin to embody the PPM culture, brand, and messaging
- Maintain your own customer requests
- Perform workplace space audits comfortably with little guidance
- Deliver monthly reporting and schedule meetings with internal and external teams
- Complete new hire training and full adaptation to platforms and processes
- Meet all key stakeholders
- Visit all client sites
- Read and interpret all site floor plans
- Full handoff of contacts
- Plan and lead new meetings
- Knowledge and intimacy of all buildings assigned
- Self sufficiency to complete day to day duties as assigned
What you will Need:
- Minimum of 2 recent and relevant years of project management experience preferably within the workplace industry
- Previous space occupancy or data management experience preferred
- Experienced with Computer-Aided Facility Management (CAFM) systems are a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, and other data management software
- Must be able to exchange accurate information at various levels demonstrating the ability to build consensus for decision-making
- Must be able to inspect design plans and documents for accuracy
- Maintains courteous and professional manager and works well in a team environment
- Roles requires daily communication with direct manager and regional team, client, and account vendor team members. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Bachelor's degree in BA/BS/BEng/BArch, Interior Design, Space Planning, Construction Management or related preferred
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program management company that helps companies reimagine their workspace to enable the potential of people. Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution through our three service lines of workplace consulting, capital project management, and transition and relocation management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. We are rooted in values, our foundation is built upon our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Founded in 2009, PPM is headquartered in Seattle with operations across the country including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Because everything we do and everything we are points to our purpose- to reimagine the potential of people and space.