SHIFT SUPERVISOR | HOST - NICK'S COVE
Front of the House | Marshall, CA | Full Time
Nick's Cove Restaurant | Oyster Bar | Cottages
Want to work hard and have fun running the floor in the premier seafood restaurant in Marin County? We serve delicious, creative and sustainable food in a spectacular setting directly on Tomales Bay. If you have at least two years' experience as a lead server, host or trainer, enjoy a collaborative approach, where teamwork and flexibility is key and pleasing our guests is your number one goal, we would love to meet you!
Nick's Cove Restaurant, Oyster Bar & Cottages is located a mere 1/2 hour West of Petaluma/Cotati/Rohnert Park ... and it's a pretty amazing commute! We invite you to submit your resume to join this amazing team of dedicated individuals who make it their mission every day to create fresh, sustainable food; to provide luxurious, relaxing accommodations; and to provide only the best possible hospitality to our guests.
We are currently accepting resumes for SHIFT SUPERVISOR/HOST.
- Greet and seat guests
- Plan out seating charts and ensure a steady flow for the kitchen
- Take reservations
- Ensure all menus are updated, accurate and clean
- Assign work responsibilities through successful delegation, supervision and follow through
- Ensure the front of house is clean, stocked, and the service staff are performing their opening duties effectively
- Update MICROS with daily specials
- Created a daily information sheets with staffing information, specials, etc.
- Assign stations to servers
- Provide back-up to bartender, as needed
- Ensure entry areas are clean and orderly
- Ensure bathrooms are stocked and clean
- Daily dining room operations including staffing levels
- Provide excellent customer service for all guests and leadership to staff
- Must possess energetic, outgoing and friendly personality
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must possess high attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Must have a minimum of six months previous restaurant experience
- Must have previous experience with food, wine and hospitality
- Must possess a well-rounded working food knowledge
- Must have high desire to serve people, be friendly, helpful and attentive
- Must always display team-player attitude while ensuring the staff is following procedures, policies and maintaining safe restaurant practices
- College graduate
- Previous MICROS experience
- Previous OpenTable experience
- Nick's Cove offers medical, dental and vision benefits to full time employees
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- You get to work in one of the most beautiful places in California!