QA Tester - Platform
Platform | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Nexon’s roots are originally in Asia, but is now expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a studio in Orange County California. We believe that games are the greatest art form of all, and we’re looking for talented individuals to join our ever expanding worldwide team of over 5,500 employees. Nexon boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and are ready to free your world, let’s talk!
In this role, you are responsible for testing all features and functionality of the Nexon game Platform. This focuses on testing ad hoc cases, documenting any errors that exist in the code, analyzing and reviewing discrepancies and then verifying fixes are implemented.
What you can expect to do in your new gig:
- Execute QA Plans generated and provided by QA Analysts.
- Support various teams within the OC Platform group.
- Report all issues encountered during testing within Jira.
- Raise awareness of critical/blocker issues during testing, to the respective QA Analyst.
- Regression testing of previously reported issues.
Skills and Requirements:
- Familiar with the following software types:
- Platform related software (Steam, Battle.net client etc…)
- Familiar with Bug tracking DB software such as Jira, Bug Track etc…
- Comfortable changing project focuses frequently.
- Strong Communication skills
Your qualifications include:
- Maybe you’ve dabbled in programming and can interpret code. We aren’t saying you are an engineer or anything but when you hear Python, you don’t immediately think of a snake.
- You track bugs like a blood hound tracks its prey. You are relentless, merciless and efficient. You understand the tools of the trade and your process is impeccable.
- Adversity doesn’t worry you, in fact it excites you. The thought of picking something apart to see how it works makes you giddy.
- Got game? Good, you’re going to need it. Not only do you possess 2-3 years’ experience in game testing but you don’t stop when you punch out. You are online, in game, constantly maxing out your character or balancing out your K/D.
We also like to see:
- Strong leadership skills
- Initiative in your task and ability to refine process
- Communication skills that span across disciplines and organizational levels
How to Apply
- Cover letters are optional, but encouraged