Principal VFX Artist
Game Development - OC Studio | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Principal VFX Artist
Nexon’s roots are originally in Asia, but is now expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a studio in Orange County California. We believe that games are the greatest art form of all, and we’re looking for talented individuals to join our ever expanding worldwide team of over 5,500 employees. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and are ready to FREE YOUR WORLD, let’s talk!
We’re looking for a motivated and passionate artist who can contribute AAA artwork to many facets of the art discipline. Our ideal candidate will have an in depth knowledge of game development and be willing to jump on any problem we throw their way. That could mean anything from sculpting props and armor, lighting a level, paintovers, or tweaking VFX. These may be new challenges, but a willingness to jump in and learn fast is a critical part of this role.
- Support Art Director in executing on visual direction
- Lead, inspire, and mentor 3D Artists
- Create models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
- Come up with innovative ways to solve problems quickly to unblock other teams
- Be a jack of all trades when necessary to generate the largest impact
- Build a learning environment and that empowers the team to solve problems
- Work with outsourcing vendors to ensure artistic quality and enforce deliverables
- Ensure art team is focused on making art optimized for performance as well as quality.
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency with 3d Modeling programs such as Max, Maya, Modo, XSI, ZBrush, etc.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Experience creating materials using Substance Designer or equivalent
- Experience with creating PBR materials
- Shipped title as a Senior artist
- 7+ years of experience making art for games
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Houdini experience
- Shader Authoring Experience
- Animation or Rigging Experience
- FX Experience
- Concept or Illustration Experience
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal
- Cover Letter optional