Motion Graphic Designer / Editor
Creative Services | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Motion Graphics Designer /Editor will create visually impactful content with a collection of 2D and 3D designs, along with compositing and video editing skills. Work will be produced for media, such as trailer edits, trailer slates, title sequences, logo animation, social media content, and animations for the web. Tasks can also include, localizing slates, versioning for various specs including broadcast commercials, web ads, game trailers, UA videos, community videos, video signage, and content for web and mobile devices.
The Motion Graphics Designer /Editor will also use video and photography equipment to capture images or audio devices for multimedia projects. They will be responsible for identifying the best techniques and methods to communicate the material.
The Motion Graphics Designer / Editor is also responsible for the creative process at different stages. Conceptualization, storyboarding, animating, slate design, and editing are just a few of the phases involved. Other duties may include key-framing, typography, photography, video game capture, and VFX.
- Animates titles, slates, backgrounds, character art, and 3D models for trailers, community videos and web content. In addition to motion graphics, the Motion Graphics Designer /Editor will create/execute the design, color correction, as well as green screen removal and compositing. Will take motion designs from concept phase to the final composition, collaborating with stakeholders such as the Creative Director, Video Production Manager, Video Producers, Marketing Brand Managers, Game Team Producers, Community Managers and Game Capture Artists to fully realize the images, animations and designs that a project needs.
- Working cross-functionally, must effectively communicate concepts in graphics and/or videos using a variety of storyboard techniques, ranging from rough and refined mockups to rough prototypes.
- Arranges and conducts video and photoshoots, including arranging for studio space, voice-over and lighting.
- Motion graphics/video file archive upload and management
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years motion graphics and video production experience
- Experience with editing and online video distribution
- Digital filming experience
- Experience with Videography
- Experience with game capture and game camera operation is a plus
- Experience with the UNREAL engine is a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in multimedia, film and/or video production or equivalent experience
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop. Strong working knowledge Cinema 4 D, Maya or other 3D software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project and time management with the ability to work on many projects concurrently, while consistently able to establish clear goals, timelines and processes for projects
- Must have a strong familiarity with social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram and TikTok.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of teams and stakeholders inside and outside of our organization
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company-paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work-life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.