Manager, Web Development
Technology and Infrastructure | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Manager, Web Development will build and coach high performing development teams while demonstrating excellent communication and collaboration skills. This individual will be a key enabler of Nexon America’s web development strategy and is responsible for managing a staff of developers, as well as technology vendors. He or she is responsible for advising team members on best practices and integrating new processes and technologies into daily practice.
This position also requires a blend of advanced digital expertise, strong partnerships with internal stakeholders and an advanced ability to drive business results through technology to build responsive online experiences. This is a hands-on role where the manager is expected to contribute to technical solutions/developments while leading a team.
- Minimum 6+ years of hands-on Responsive Design Web development experience; including 2+ years’ experience managing a team of developers.
- You are a master of C# and .NET technologies such as MVC, Web API, and Web Form.
- You are an expert at front-end development and have written applications using the latest frameworks such as React.js and Angular.
- You know the ins and outs of Windows Server technologies, and you are confident working with IIS and its web server configurations.
- You are proficient in PHP, Java and server technologies Apache and Nginx.
- You are proficient in MS SQL and MySQL database technologies.
- You can navigate Linux systems, specifically the latest Ubuntu OS.
- Experience working with code and project management tools such as Umbraco CMS, Git, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jenkins, Confluence, and JIRA
- Experience analyzing and improving the reliability, security, and performance of all web technology applications.
- Experience with AGILE and SCRUM methodologies.
- Excellent at communicating. You are able to present your team and yourself clearly and talk about technical details coherently to a non-tech audience.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools (ex. Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Site Search, etc.)
- You are well versed in the newest task runners such as Webpack, Gulp.js, and Grunt.js.
- You have ASP.NET Core experience, written a working application and run it on a Linux environment.
- You have Docker experience and have written images that create consistent developmental and server environments.
- You have experience with Node.js and NoSQL with real-time engine Socket.io.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.