Manager, Web Development
Technology and Infrastructure | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
The Manager, Web Development is a role who will build and coach high performing development teams while demonstrating excellent communication and collaboration skills. This individual will be a key enabler of web development strategy and is responsible for managing a staff of front-end and back-end developers, as well as technology vendors. He or she is accountable for advising team members on best practices and integrating new tactics into daily practice, particularly around critical supporting technologies such as Content Management System, Source Control and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment applications, platforms, and processes.
This position also requires a blend of advanced digital expertise, strong partnership with Marketing teams, production teams, and an advanced appreciation for driving business results through technology to build responsive online experiences. This is a hands-on role where the manager is expected to contribute to both the front-end and back-end (full-stack) technical solutions/developments while leading a team. This individual will report to the Director, Technology, and Infrastructure.
- Minimum 6+ years of hands-on Responsive Design Web development experiences and 2+ years of manager/mentor/leadership experience.
- You are a master of C# and .NET technologies such as MVC, Web API, and Web Form.
- You are an expert at the front-end and have written applications using the latest frameworks such as React.js and Angular.
- You know the inside and out of Windows Server technologies, and you are confident working with IIS and its web server configurations.
- You are proficient in PHP, Java and server technologies Apache and Nginx.
- You are proficient with these database technologies: MS SQL and MySQL.
- Experience in relevant technologies such as: Umbraco CMS, Git, and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- You can navigate yourself around Linux systems, specifically the latest Ubuntu OS.
- You are well versed in the newest task runners such as Webpack, Gulp.js, and Grunt.js.
- You have ASP.NET Core experience, written a working application, and run it on a Linux environment.
- You have Docker experience where you have written images that create consistent developmental and server environments.
- You have experience with Node.js and NoSQL with real-time engine Socket.io.
- You work closely with marketing teams and production teams and analyze project scope for maximum efficiency.
- You manage fellow Web Developers and help them with problems they can't solve.
- You write tech documentation on Confluence and informs the team.
- You are a full-stack engineer up-to-date with the latest back-end and front-end technologies.
- You can read all of our web codebases, and help to identify critical bugs when they are causing live issues.
- You are expected to know how our front-end codes are structured and can at least run the builds locally with the projects' task runners.
- Your code is highly reusable, scalable, and easily updated, meaning your well-architected codebase has already been replicated for various web applications with simple to no instruction needed during integration.
- You do not find excuses for lack of aggressiveness towards researching new technologies and apply them to upgrade our systems.
- You love learning and the notion of getting outdated knowledge scares you.
- You are proactive. You know what you need to do to get to the next level so sitting idle waiting for someone to tell you what to do is unacceptable to you.
- You constantly review and seek out information regarding the company's ongoing and upcoming big projects and know who the main contact points are. You present the web dev aspects to other stakeholders.
- You can take both constructive and critical feedback about your performance and skills with professionalism and respect to your peers.
- You are an excellent problem solver, meaning you can always find answers on your own.
- You can handle multiple projects while maintaining quality and finding the right balance for maximum productivity.
- You are excellent at communicating. You are able to present your team and yourself clearly and talk about technical details coherently.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.