Localization Copy Editor (Mobile)
Localization | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
The Localization Copy Editor (Mobile) is responsible for writing and editing in-game text and voiceover scripts for all Nexon mobile games. He/she is also responsible for assisting his/her team in deciding new style rules. He/she is responsible for writing and updating various localization process documents, including style guides, NPC documents, story bibles, process guides, etc. He/she is also responsible for keeping tabs on the copy editing progress of assigned games and communicating with the project manager if issues arise.
- Edit and re-write translated game text and voiceover scripts to make them entertaining, immersive, accurate, and relatable to a western audience. Contribute to discussions about text issues in Nexon’s mobile games and other communication channels. Fix in-game text bugs and typos.
- Create and update various localization documents, including style guides, NPC documents, story bibles, voiceover files, etc.
- Guide the style direction of assigned Nexon games by initiating style discussions with the project manager and copy editing lead.
- Take ownership of the copy editing tasks of assigned games by keeping tabs on each content update’s editing progress, divvying up work between editors assisting with the project, checking that all tasks are completed, and notifying the project manager if things start to fall off track or if the team encounters any obstacles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of game-related work experience
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience e
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in English preferred
- Creative writing background preferred
- Excellent grammar skills
- Extensive copy-editing skills
- Excellent computer skills and Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Strong interest in video games
- Excellent work ethic, honest
- Sharp attention to detail
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize projects to complete them on time
- Ability to jump from project to project, quickly and seamlessly
- Ability to see the opportunities to learn in any situation
- Ability to work well with a variety of different personalities
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.