Lead Gameplay Engineer
Game Development - OC Studio | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Lead Gameplay Engineer - OC Studio
Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a new development studio in Orange County California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees, and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
In this role, you will be responsible for creating the gameplay systems of the game to create a rich and compelling player experience. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for games and previous experience working on AAA titles.
- Work with other departments to support a user-first player experience
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside of your department
- Come up with innovative ways to solve problems quickly to unblock other teams
- Participates in all aspects of projects from staffing to technology/tools
- Works closely with other departments to define the technical requirements for the game
- Offers exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish tasks and schedules
- Establish coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices
- Provide critical analysis of technology and development practices to improve game quality
- Design and implement gameplay systems and features
- Write well structured, maintainable, and performant gameplay code
- Work closely with design, animation and art teams to best realize game vision
- Work iteratively in quick feedback loops
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- Expert knowledge of programming with experience in C / C++, and a proven aptitude for technical design
- Strong sensibilities in designing and implementing compelling gameplay experience
- Architecture (cloud, client / server) experience
- Strong adaptability to changing production demands
- Experience with code optimization
- Knowledge of the technical pipeline and all the processes needed to make a game
- Experience with Unreal / Unity or other modern commercial game engines
- Strong ability to partner with leadership from other departments including production, design, art, QA, etc.
- Shipped title as Programmer
- 7+ years Programming experience
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Experience in any other game role
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal
Nexon's Benefits & Perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.