Internal Application: HR Business Partner
Human Resources | El Segundo,CA (Hybrid) | Full Time | From $88,000.00 to $132,000.00 per year
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon is a global video game publisher and leading developer of online virtual worlds for PCs, consoles, and mobile devices. Founded in 2006, Nexon America brings the strength of Nexon's unique roster of IP to western audiences with a player-first approach, delivering outstanding free-to-play online game expertise and live game support with phenomenally successful titles like MapleStory, MapleStory M, Mabinogi, and the KartRider franchise of racing games. Nexon has gone to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2023 for 3 years in a row! With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The HR Business Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position forms partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HR Business Partner will have both large, corporate HR experience and start-up experience with an ability to think both strategically and broadly, but capable and willing to take a hands-on approach to tackle multiple, competing priorities.
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Provide full-cycle business partner support; establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the organization and talent
- Support business leaders in the areas of talent planning, learning and development, performance management, employee relations, and change management
- Design and deliver workshops, or similar types of training and courses as well as defining learning & development programs
- Partner closely with HR Operations and Talent Acquisition teams to strategically implement and drive processes and programs to enhance company performance along with employee’s workplace experience
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in HR
- 2+ years of experience in a HR Business Partner or L&D capacity
- Solid understanding and exposure in all areas of HR, specifically in Learning & Development, Leadership Development, Change Management, Employee Relations, Performance Management, and Talent Acquisition
- Experience in designing and delivering employee development trainings, workshops, and related programs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (annually)
The base salary range for this position in El Segundo, CA is $88,000 - $132,000 annually.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. An individual’s pay is determined by factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experiences, relevant education or training, and location.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, however the salary range listed in this job posting reflects the base salary only.