Head of Marketing & Communications
Marketing | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Head of Marketing & Communications
El Segundo, CA
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees, and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
Reporting to the CEO of Nexon America, the Head of Marketing & Communications is responsible for driving and leading the Marketing department for Nexon America. This involves leading an integrated team across Brand Management, User Acquisition, Viral & Partnership Marketing, PR, Communications, and CRM to develop and execute marketing plans for all Nexon America games (PC, Console, Mobile).
- Drive the strategic plans for each game brand; oversee the team to ensure that all games are well, and uniquely positioned, have clear communication, well defined target audiences, and maintain a clear marketing roadmap for each title.
- Apply a data-driven approach to partner very closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment in strategy and prioritization.
- Develop and execute highly detailed, integrated and innovative marketing plans for each product to meet strategic and financial objectives, including but not limited to, integrated marketing with unified planning, activation and engagement across all our owned, earned and paid consumer channels.
- Map player experience journeys to ensure a personalized experience across multiple channels and touchpoints.
- Represent and serve as the US marketing ambassador for Nexon’s western initiatives.
- Lead the team to a very high standard; create a culture of excellence and innovation where the team is constantly striving to apply its learnings, industry and marketing up-to-the minute best practices; build team mentality and support network.
- Partner closely with all internal and external groups to maintain excellent communication and partnership as required; maintain first class communication and relationships at all levels.
- Develop and partner closely with Finance on annual budgets for the department and ensure that budgets are controlled effectively.
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- 10-12+ years of games marketing experience
- 6+ years of experience in coaching and developing senior marketing professionals
- Demonstrated experience managing in-house teams and agencies to help drive excellent results in a fast paced environment
- Highly organized and are able to drive multiple priorities to completion while maintaining a high bar for impact
- Creative and innovative thinker who can conceive campaigns that deliver meaningful impact
- Passionate about providing best-in-class player experience and use qualitative and quantitative insights to make decisions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Strong leadership skills
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.