Global Immigration & Mobility Specialist
Human Resources and Administration | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
Nexon is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented professional for our Global Immigration & Mobility Specialist role to manage our immigration and mobility programs for Nexon’s US Studios. This hands-on role will partner closely with employees, business leaders, HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and HR Ops to ensure a seamless mobility experience for our employees.
- Serve as a dedicated point of contact to provide holistic and consultative services on available immigration options, internal guidelines, and/or education on new or changing policies
- Work and consult with outside counsel to administer Immigration program delivery
- Proactively analyze and communicate complex immigration matters to employees
- Provide regular status updates to all stakeholders and meet regularly with employees to answer any questions or provide clarity
- Partner with Talent Acquisition (TA), HR Business Partners (HRBP), and global Nexon offices as necessary to provide seamless and timely documentation and submission for all immigration matters
- Handle and resolve escalations and exceptions by facilitating stakeholder discussions that balance business needs, employee experience, and risk
- Constantly monitor US immigration landscape and update/improve immigration resources (FAQs, policy, application, communications) and compliance processes
- Coordinate meetings with outside counsel and internal employees to provide up-to-date information and education to all employees
- Design and develop a comprehensive relocation program
- Administer employee relocation programs in partnership with Talent Acquisition (TA), HR Business Partners (HRBP), and HR Operations (HROps)
- Serve as a focal point for employees who are relocating & provide best-in-class service and support to employees (and their dependents, if applicable) throughout their relocation
- Prepare relocation estimates, administer relocation agreements, and coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure an efficient and smooth experience for the employee (and their dependents, if applicable)
- Review and coordinate approval of exceptions to policy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Korean and English
- 3+ years of immigration experience in a high growth global company, either within a law firm (such as an immigration paralegal) or as an internal immigration/global mobility specialist
- Previous experience working for, or with, an international company with headquarters in Asia, specifically Korea
- Solid understanding and experience in all non-immigrant and immigrant visas
- Working knowledge of the latest US immigration practices and trends
- Experience with administering relocation programs and processes
- Excellent communication and written communication skills – Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Understanding of basic compensation and wage structures.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company-paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work-life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.