Associate PM, Localization (Korean/English Bilingual)
Localization | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position assists with the localization of Nexon’s mobile game titles into multiple languages on time and on budget through successful project management. This position is responsible for providing support in creating effective workflow processes between internal stakeholders, external developers, and localization vendors in collaboration with the Localization Manager to ensure consistent high-quality localization. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to, fostering communication between all internal stakeholders to keep them aligned, providing direction and key information to external partners, and project managing the localization of all in-game and out-of-game content. He/she also reviews localized assets to ensure that they meet our standards and communicates linguistic feedback and bug reports to external vendors. This position also works with the interdepartmental teams to gather information and with vendors to provide recommendations on the localization style of a project and solve various linguistic issues, including but not limited to, localization bug fixes.
Currently, all Nexon staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model will be in place once we resume on-site operations currently scheduled for January 2022.
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to ensure successful and on-time completion of each phase of localization including translation, recording, and LQA.
- Create localization kits and assess timelines for content releases
- Support in development, improvement, and implementation of Localization procedures, processes, and workflows with the internal and external partners.
- Assist Localization Project Manager and/or Localization Manager with researching new localization vendors, creating and managing vendor database, providing vendor analysis reports. This includes voice over studios as well as any localization software out in the market.
- Assist with tracking PRs and invoices and ensure external audio, voice-over, and localization work stay on budget
- Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 3+ years of work experience
- 1-2 years of project managing experience required
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Minimum of three years of work experience, with a demonstrated ability to manage and drive projects to successful completion
- Previous experience in game localization preferred
- Solid knowledge of the current state of the online game industry preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with external vendors and talent in the recording and creation of voice-over preferred
- Must be able to prioritize the team’s work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively
- Must have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to find solutions and provide recommendations to all levels of management
- Must have the ability to act proactively to solve problems, utilizing excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong analytical, oral, written communication skills required
- Fluency in English and Korean is a must
- Scheduled and non-scheduled overtime can be required, including weekends
- Experience with CAT tool is preferred
- Experience with audio production is preferred
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.