Warehouse Lead - Shipping
Warehouse and Fulfillment | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
This position will work closely with Warehouse Management in leading the day to day operations for a specific Distribution Center function while maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and quality for our internal and external customers.
- Provides work direction to warehouse workers daily to increase warehouse efficiency and accuracy.
- Communicates to fellow Warehouse Leads to ensure a smooth flow of product.
- Acts as a liaison between management and team members. Speaks respectively of company and team members.
- Enforces company policies and procedures. Provides feedback to Supervisor when inconsistencies are observed.
- Meets deadlines and goals as established by department supervisor or manager.
- Applies problem solving skills and proactively identifies issues. Assists in troubleshooting and recommends resolution.
- Trains warehouse workers. Provides feedback to supervisor on strengths and development needs of team members.
- Assists with projects, tracks data and produces ad hoc reports.
- Assists in tracking warehouse staffing needs and schedules and related documentation.
- Monitors employee break schedules and holds them accountable.
- Maintains and enforces company Safety and Security policies.
Receiving & Shipping Focused Responsibilities:
- Prepare packages for shipping according to defined methods, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Train, provide work direction and coordinate the schedules for all outbound shipments: LTL, Ground, Express, daily pickups.
- Process all paperwork associated with the shipments: BOL, Tracking confirmation.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment and vehicles; Stand up trucks/sit-down forklifts.
- 2 years warehouse experience in a fast pace environment. Proven leadership qualities and demonstrated good judgment is a plus. Leads by example.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and build relationships.
- Exemplary attendance record. Strong work ethic.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive manner.
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours.