Specialist, Retail Merchandising
Retail | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Retail Specialist will support the Director, Global Retail Merchandising, in developing the sales & merchandising strategy for the Morphe Retail division, including the Morphe brand and other third-party brands distributed within Morphe retail stores to drive brand awareness/engagement, deliver sales performance, and achieve long term growth and profitability for the channel. The position will also support the overall Morphe Retail objective of creating a unique, inviting, entertaining, educational, and easily navigable multi-brand shopping destination for the Morphe babe.
- Participate in executing product launch/activation strategies to align with the Morphe retail vision, sales goals and company campaigns.
- Update and maintain retail specific assortment, channel/promotional calendars and other relevant documents. Responsible for high accuracy & timely updates to these documents.
- Provide input and feedback on the development and execution of promotional bundles and needed assets to support. For potential entry point promotions, create proposals with potential sales analysis. Lead the execution of those approved for this category.
- Responsible for proofing all in store graphics for accuracy once created by visual merchandising partners and before going to print.
- Edit and produce weekly, monthly and YTD sales reporting. Productivity and assortment analysis. Additional ad hoc reporting as well.
- Gather brand materials, assets, comps, marketing collateral and product information from and for the appropriate internal and external partners to meet deadlines.
- Produce and maintain product mapping and brand line sheets.
- Maintain organized and comprehensive product library.
- Produce and maintain skus.
- Execute retail event needs including operational logistics and planning for TOA’s, VM/Collateral/Copy kick offs, inventory communication needs and event gifting.
- Partner closely with OPS & relevant field teams on store communications and feedback.
- Track and process invoices and expenses.
- Handle meeting preparation including creating & organizing documents, room setup, product comps, displays and catering.
- Manage and execute assigned ad hoc retail projects while taking into consideration company timelines, initiatives, and procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required cosmetics or retail industries.
- Excellent Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and project management skills required.
- Planning/forecasting skills strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skill with a high attention to detail.
- Must be able to accurately interpret detailed data to draw business conclusions and identify implications for long term health of channel.
- Must exhibit excellent communication & presentation skills (written and oral).
- Dynamic, passionate personality with confidence to perform with high standards.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.