Manager, National Events
Retail | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Manager, National Events, will lead the development, coordination, and execution of strategic, high-impact Morphe events, supporting the Retail and Wholesale divisions, including new retail store opening events, new product launches, and high-profile influencer events to drive brand awareness, engagement, and long term growth for the Morphe brand and Morphe Fam brands. This role will work closely with Retail & Wholesale corporate and field teams, Brand Management, Social Media, Education/Artistry, Creative, Visual Merchandising, e-commerce, Operations, and Security teams; in addition to interacting with Morphe partner influencers and wholesale partners. The Position will report to the Vice-President, Global Retail.
- Accountable for the event life cycle including development/organization, project management, communication, implementation, and post-event recap follow through.
- Communicate timelines, project status, and budget updates, as well as risks/opportunities to team members on a regular and consistent basis.
- Follow up on deadline guidance for all relevant parties to ensure event facilitation.
- Manage/negotiate with outside event vendors and/or agencies, as needed.
- Coordination of all related logistics of staff who will be responsible for event location, set-up/breakdown; store/education/artistry support; technical support; creative/visual support; marketing via e-commerce and social support; security; merchandising/inventory support, and any other activities related to the executive of national level events.
- Attendance and facilitation of national level events.
- Act as the on-site lead providing direction to Morphe employees, influencers, event vendors, security, and other relevant partners (i.e.-wholesale partners, media, mall, etc.).
- Responsible for budget oversight including line item projections, tracking and post show reconciliation.
- 5+ years of experience account managing high profile brands or producing high-impact events; beauty/retail/entertainment experience a plus
- Team player who possesses strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Independent thinker with a can-do professional demeanor
- Creative problem-solver with ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence facilitating high visibility events; comfort interacting and directing prominent, well-known personalities and executives
- Instinct to remain calm and thrive in a sometimes volatile, high pressure environment
- Ability to travel to facilitate local, domestic and international events, as required
- Budget management experience
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.