Manager, Global Planning
Global Planning | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
The Manager, Global Planning is responsible for the pre-season and in-season sales and inventory planning of an assigned channel (ecomm, retail, or wholesale). This will include forecasting tops-down and bottoms-up sales demand, trending sku and category performance, tracking and reporting results to drive sales, revenue, and inventory goals.
The ideal candidate must be able to multi‐task with the ability to manage projects with a strong attention to detail, analyze and process large amounts of data and solve complex problem, and build strong internal relationships with cross functional teams.
- Report, analyze, and reconcile sales trends and future business drivers to create accurate topline and bottoms up sku forecasts.
- Balance workload priorities across in-season and pre-season planning deliverables to ensure successful execution of inventory management.
- Develop and build pre-season plans, recommend investment quantities and accurate flow forecasts.
- Implement consistent and profitable in-season replenishment strategies and practices through monthly open to buy.
- Make and present strategies, opportunities, and business updates to management and business partners.
- Deep understanding of the channel’s strengths, weaknesses and performance drivers to lead strategic business discussions to maximize sales, revenue, and profitability.
- Create and distribute weekly and monthly business recaps, with emphasis on performance drivers and issues in a clear, timely manner with solutions and impact highlighted.
- Ensure timely reaction to changes in business with appropriate shifts in plans and communication to partners.
- Be comfortable with creating solutions to problems without constant direction, in a fast-paced environment; flexible with working independently as well as close team environment.
- Take a leading role in managing inventory for their channel.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree plus minimum of 4-5 years wholesale or retail planning, buying, and/or supply chain experience.
- Experience in SKU level and category planning, financial planning process, and report/model building.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to compile and analyze large sets of data, and a clear understanding of basic financial & inventory measures: sales, gross margin, weeks on hand/weeks of supply, sell thru, turn; proficiency in retail math.
- Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and adaptive to shifting priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- Must be able to develop strategies to drive sales & revenue, negotiate persuasively to implement with business partners.
- Flexible, team player with the ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams.
- Must be resourceful and self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.