Remote Business Solutions Consultant
Business Intelligence (BI) | Boston, MA | Contract
We are searching for knowledgeable Remote Business/Technology Consultants to act as trusted advisors to our clients. As a Millennial Tech Consultant, you will leverage your academic degree and business and technical skills for analytical purposes and provide a fresh perspective on various projects. You will discover the most suitable solutions whether it is proposing a new IT system or implementing an improved process.
You will work remotely in teams of typically 2-3 colleagues and work with clients to shape and drive end-to-end transformations across business, technology, process and people, building strategies, capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver enhanced or transformed business outcomes.
A great consultant is an expert in quickly developing an understanding of a client’s needs. They have an aptitude for identifying the cause of problems and presenting their solutions in a comprehensive and detailed manner. The work will include gathering and analyzing information, formulating and designing solutions, and developing and communicating recommendations. You will also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
Responsibilities Based on Assignment:
- Organize and execute assigned business projects on behalf of clients according to the client’s requirements
- Facilitate requirements development sessions in order to gain an understanding of the customer’s current state.
- Collect information about the client’s business through a variety of methods (shadowing, interviews, surveys, reading reports, etc.)
- Formulate recommendations and solutions with attention to a client’s wishes, capabilities and, limitations
- Interpret technical and business strategy roadmaps and apply a detailed technical solution
- Analyze and interpret data to reveal weaknesses and problems, and comprehend the causes
- Elevate the client experience as a knowledgeable liaison between technical teams, testing teams, and business stakeholders during the implementation phase
- Lead discovery workshops which may include large audiences, solution presentations, and prototype demonstrations
- Execute rapid analysis and decomposition of complex business information into technical process components
- Perform business process modeling, user experience modeling, and basic technical architecture diagramming
- Present findings and suggestions to clients with ample justification and practical advice
- Present implementation needs and options confidently to technical teams as well as a C-Level audience
- Assist the client with plan implementation and resolve any occasional discrepancies
- Provide guidance for any occurring problems and issues
- Analytical and creative
- An aptitude for technology as it relates to business solutions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of data analysis and research techniques
- Knowledge of business software and IT systems
- Ability to develop detailed proposals and plans
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- A great listener with the ability to communicate with people of diverse disciplines
- A highly motivated individual with a desire to learn and contribute.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Some experience or knowledge of project management concepts
- Proven experience applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships
- Strong presentation skills
- Passionate about new technology and digital strategy
- Familiarity with some business management software (Web, CRM, ERP, etc.) and databases