One to One Aide
Baltimore Academy | Baltimore, MD | Part Time
The Baltimore Academy has established itself as a premier provider of Full Day Special Education services for students in grades 6 through 12. The 12 month school program serves male and female adolescents ages 12 through 21 who are exhibiting serious emotional and behavior disorders and who are not yet able to function in less restrictive school settings.
We are looking for 5 part-time One to One Teacher's Assistant in our school.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- 1. Assist the Teacher in implementing classroom instruction.
2. Familiarize with IEP or PEP process.
3. Assist in supervision of youth in lunch coverage, restroom break, but arrival and dismissal, and hallway.
4. Participate in time-out and Alternative Learning Classes in supervising youth assigned to those areas.
5. Assist Teacher in preparation of class work, checking homework and class work, and in completing reports (weekly, monthly, and annually).
6. Assist the substitute teacher in the event of teacher absence.
7. Assist in daily routine in the classroom or school office.
8. Assist in maintaining school areas in a safe, neat, and orderly manner.
9. Knowledgeable in the operation of classroom computer, projectors, copier machine, and overhead projectors.
10. Assist in maintaining inventories.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned. (Responsibilities listed above are a general description of the level and nature of work assigned to this position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.)
- Minimum Requirements
Candidate should have at least one year experience working with emotionally disabled students in the special education setting.
Bachelor's degree required