Certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist
STEER | Rockville, MD | Full Time
Maryland Treatment Centers Inc. provides a full continuum of levels of care to clients who struggle with chemical dependency as well as co-occurring psychiatric disorders. We feature specialty services for adolescents, young adults and adults. Clinical programs include assessment, residential/inpatient, detoxification, day treatment, intensive outpatient and outpatient substance abuse, dual diagnosis, mental health, special education, and prevention services.
We are looking for a Full Time Peer Recovery Support Specialist.
- This position requires evening and weekend availability, your own reliable transportation and a Peer Recovery Specialist Certification.
The responsibility of the Peer Recovery Support Specialist is to provide assessment and referral for STEER participants and to act as a liaison between treatment and community stake holders.
- Understand the community based treatment opportunities, types of funding or payment required and how to access public entitlements
- Assist clients in engaging in the appropriate treatment resource, based on a sustainable plan of care.
- Assist clients in making application for public entitlements (i.e. Medicaid, TCA, Food stamps, etc), as appropriate.
- Provide regular written reports, documents all contacts with clients, referral sources, and stake holders
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must be able to maintain a professional composure when confronted by demanding personalities
- Excellent email & phone etiquette
- High attention to detail
- Able to remain organized under a high volume of work and/or distractions
- Drive, tenacity, flexibility, and confidence
- Enthusiasm, open-mindedness, & integrity required