UX Design | Hyderabad, India | Full Time
Open Position: UX/UI Designer
MAQ Software delivers innovative software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Our solutions use Big Data and advanced Business Intelligence features of SQL Server, AI and Cognitive Services including Azure Machine Learning, the latest cloud computing trends including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and the latest form factors such as iOS and Android.
The company has been closely aligned with Microsoft Corporation for the past sixteen years. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner for Data Analytics, Application Development, and Data Platform. In addition, MAQ Software is a Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services.
Recently, MAQ Software was honored for the 9th time as one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc. magazine. Less than 1% of Inc. 5000 companies demonstrate sustained growth by appearing nine or more times.
We foster an intense work culture with a can-do attitude. Our key managers come from excellent educational backgrounds and have considerable experience growing the company and mentoring software engineers. We strive to adopt the latest technologies and computing trends ahead of the larger industry players. As a part of the company’s globally distributed engineering team, our engineers gain exposure to the latest engineering practices. Our engineers routinely work on challenging technical problems that utilize the latest technologies for fast-paced software delivery.
Examples of some of our projects:
- A client wanted to improve the return on investment (ROI) of marketing spend by identifying target customers more effectively. We created an unsupervised machine learning model to analyze customer behavior. The model combined diverse data points such as customer demographics, browsing history, purchase patterns, and marketing channels. Using the model, we identified a customer’s next logical purchase and the affinity to buy a particular product. Based on this information, our client honed its target marketing campaigns and advertisements to improve sales.
- One of our clients conducts multiple promotional events with product overview sessions. We worked with the client to analyze the effectiveness of these events. We measured the attendee perception by comparing pre-event and post-event surveys. We then combined survey data
with sentiment data from attendees’ Facebook posts and tweets. We created a supervised learning model from the data along with attendee demographics, session attendance, and increase in product sales after the event. The model helped the client measure the marketing event’s impact on sales, the effectiveness of the sessions, and the overall change in perception caused by the event. We later applied text analytics techniques to attendee feedback and helped identify the core problem areas faced by attendees.
- Another client had a SQL Server, an HTML5 based Business Intelligence system with 150+ reports, 50,000 users, and more than 100 TB of data hosted on-premise. The client wanted to
transition the entire solution to the cloud to manage it better. We created the cloud transition strategy for the client and moved the infrastructure to Microsoft Azure cloud services. As part of the effort, we also migrated 150+ reports from HTML5 to Microsoft Power BI. As a result, we helped the client improve management and operations. The cloud migration also improved the agility of the entire sales and marketing organization by providing faster insights into their customers and marketing campaigns.
We are looking for a user experience designer with a strong interest in the design and development of engaging user experiences for business users. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, independence and self-direction.
As a key member of a dynamic and fast-moving design team, your primary focus will be to create elegant and customer-focused designs that provide a superior experience working in close collaboration with business, product, technology, and design teams across international locations.
The candidate will also gain extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative software development environment.
- Execute interaction design and visual design as a part of a distributed engineering team
- Collaborate on user experience planning with lead engineers and clients
- Take ideas from the concept to the production stage, including redlines, prototypes, guidelines, and other communication methods to help bring these designs to life
- Produce information architecture and task-flow diagrams
- Create data visuals and mockups for presentations
- Build storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency, and precision; a full stack designer (interaction, usability, graphic design, HTML, CSS)
- Knowledge and experience in Power BI would be an added advantage
- Research interaction design trends
- Participate in design reviews
- Create production ready designs for engineering teams
- Design graphics elements, assets, and visual approaches that are delightful and user-centric
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines, and design standards
- Develop integrated brand strategy, visual design concepts, product attributes, and iconography.
- Assist in addressing user experience/interface design based on existing guidelines.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or interaction design, new media design or design related field
- Ability to take on a design challenge and think through the solution in terms of business impact, user experience and engineering overhead
- 0 to 4 years of experience in interaction design with a strong body of work to prove your individual contribution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and not-so-technical people
- Ability to explain why a design works or why it doesn’t
- Great working knowledge of usability principles, best practices, and techniques
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with UX/UI design
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop and Illustrator and associated design tools
- Knowledge and exposure to self service reporting solutions such as Power BI would be an added advantage
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Self-managed with high degree of ownership, accountability and work ethics and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Experience: 0 to 4 years of experience in interaction design with a strong body of work to prove your individual contribution
Location: Sahar Plaza, Andheri Kurla Road, Mumbai or Hyderabad
- Review Gartner’s two modes of IT (Fast IT versus Slow IT)
- Review Founder’s Mentality by Bain and Company
- Review What I Did Not Learn in B – School and What I Did Not Learn at IIT by Rajeev Agarwal, Founder and Managing Consultant. These books will help you learn about our company culture. The books are available from your campus student coordinator
- Showcase your interest and aptitude in technology services industry