Human Resources | Hyderabad, India | Full Time
MAQ Software delivers innovative software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Our data analytics solutions drive insights using Azure Machine Learning (ML), AWS Machine Learning, and Cognitive Services. We are excited about the new opportunities offered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and access to cloud services which simplify data management.
We have been closely aligned with Microsoft Corporation for the past twenty years. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner in data platform, data analytics, and application development. In addition, MAQ Software is a Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services. Some of our prominent customers include Microsoft Corporation, Starbucks, Amazon and the State of Arizona, USA. The company employs over 600 people in three engineering centers located in Redmond, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
MAQ Software has one of the rare distinctions to get listed 9 times as one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc. magazine1. Less than 1% of Inc. 5000 companies demonstrate sustained growth by appearing nine or more times.
As a key member of a dynamic and fast-moving management team, you will help drive initiatives for the core management team. This role includes all the challenges associated with developing strategy and tactical execution.
We foster an intense work culture with a can-do attitude. Our key managers come from excellent educational backgrounds and have significant experience growing the company and mentoring software engineers. We strive to adopt the latest technologies and computing trends ahead of the larger industry players. As a part of the company’s globally distributed engineering team, our engineers gain exposure to the latest engineering practices. Our engineers routinely work on challenging technical problems that utilize the latest technologies for fast-paced software delivery.
Examples of some of our projects:
- A client wanted to improve the return on investment (ROI) of marketing spend by identifying target customers more effectively. We created an unsupervised machine learning model to analyze customer behavior. The model combined diverse data points such as customer demographics, browsing history, purchase patterns, and marketing channels. Using the model, we identified a customer’s next logical purchase and the affinity to buy a particular product. Based on this information, our client honed its target marketing campaigns and advertisements to improve sales.
- One of our clients conducts multiple promotional events with product overview sessions. We worked with the client to analyze the effectiveness of these events. We measured the attendee
perception by comparing pre-event and post-event surveys. We then combined survey data with sentiment data from attendees’ Facebook posts and tweets. We created a supervised learning model from the data along with attendee demographics, session attendance, and increase in product sales after the event. The model helped the client measure the marketing event’s impact on sales, the effectiveness of the sessions, and the overall change in perception caused by the event. We later applied text analytics techniques to attendee feedback and helped identify the core problem areas faced by attendees.
- Another client had a SQL Server, an HTML5 based Business Intelligence system with 150+ reports, 50,000 users, and more than 100 TB of data hosted on-premise. The client wanted to transition the entire solution to the cloud to manage it better. We created the cloud transition strategy for the client and moved the infrastructure to Microsoft Azure cloud services. As part of the effort, we also migrated 150+ reports from HTML5 to Microsoft Power BI. As a result, we helped the client improve management and operations. The cloud migration also improved the agility of the entire sales and marketing organization by providing faster insights on their customers and marketing campaigns.
The role of the IT Recruiter is to develop and enhance MAQ Software's visibility in the IT Services industry space and position it as the preferred company for top performers to join. Maintain intense connections with top tier MBA and Engineering colleges to hire great talent from these institutes. The recruiter is the ambassador/owner for the group of target universities for MAQ Software. She/He will maintain our presence at these institutions and will be in constant contact with internal teams to determine recruiting programs based on the company's hiring needs.
The IT Recruiter will manage all stakeholders (i.e., staffing partners, university and campus representatives, training and placement officers of top tier institutes, business leaders, alumni teams and other internal groups). She/He will ensure the successful implementation of all recruitment programs to maximize hiring outcomes.
Your key result areas as a percentage of your overall work items will be:
Talent Acquisition (~70%)
- Partner with senior leadership and recruiting to develop workforce plans and staffing models that support business objectives and advance the business and functions (talent acquisition, onboarding, development, talent movement)
- Create detailed plans with clearly defined objectives, desired outcomes, and calendar of events. Lateral Recruitment
- Build a pipeline of quality talent for a diverse group of functions like technology, managerial roles and other support function roles for current and future openings
- Improve sourcing and shortlisting by collaborating with the hiring managers and specific engineering teams to update the technical requirements and functional requirements of the various open positions
- Innovate sourcing and create multiple channels to create consistence inflow of quality applicants.
- Raise the quality bar and inculcate the practice of hiring Great People rather than Good People. One great person is better than three good people.
- Reduce the cost of hiring by using the internal resources for all aspects of recruitment
- Define TAT on each position, take ownership and aggressively follow up to the closure of the position
- Deliver regular reporting on pipeline, forecast and other metrics Campus Recruitment
- For campus recruitment, manage university specific campus teams to ensure appropriate selection of team members; clear role definitions/responsibilities; Coach and prepare the campus team members for campus visits; coordinate closely to ensure unified recruiting approach.
- Collaborate with the Campus sponsors and cross-functional campus managers to develop university recruiting strategies at targeted universities
- Develop operational plans and branding activities at assigned schools along with the campus leads, to attract top early career talent.
- Develop relationships with placement officers, department heads, faculty/staff, alumni and student organizations.
- Develop, implement and execute on-campus events that include: Info Session, tech talks, executive visits, and faculty visits, on-campus interviews, events with student organizations.
- Develop, communicate, and implement university relations workshops, training, recruiter toolkits, and interview guides to ensure that campus recruiters, presenters, target school teams have the necessary information and skills needed to be effective.
HR Operations (~20%)
- Build a high-performance work culture & rewarding work environment leveraging a diverse talent pool.
- Provide input on the HR implications of strategic and operational decisions/plans
- Partner with the business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment
- Conceptualize & deploy industry best practices (process excellence, technology, products/services) that have a tangible long-term benefit to the organization.
- Provide local support for key employee life cycle processes such as onboarding, transfer, benefits enrollment/withdraw and exit procedures.
Employee Welfare/ Engagement (~5%)
- Partners with leadership to identify measures necessary to foster productive and positive work environments that retain and engage employees
- Creates strategic plans to address workplace environment and retention issues within the business
- Drives consistency in performance management and compensation alignment with market competitiveness
Data Analysis and Reporting (~5%)
- Drive informed decision making by using data to identify trends; work with management to determine the root cause of issues; develop organizational effectiveness solutions
- Identify trends, build strategies and practices that ensure adoption of core values across the business
- Bachelors from a leading university+ MBA from one of the leading management institutes (IIMs or equivalent).
- 60% throughout the Educational Qualifications is a mandate
- An ability to continuously see around the corners to anticipate the talent needs and have strategies in place to meet the needs of a fast-growing, dynamic business
- Experience and passion for working with innovative and fast-paced teams in a dynamic, high- velocity environment
- Shows bias for action, and demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Hands-on leader with the ability to identify issues and root cause; willingness to dive deep into details
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions to integrate recruitment and business strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high-quality document preparation and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to navigate leaders through a variety of organizational changes
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Experience: 2-4 years of experience in Talent Acquisition (End to End recruitment role) including performance management, change management and employee relations