Technical Support Specialist
Sales and Marketing | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bio-analytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories, and individual researchers.
Our Sales and Marketing team is looking for a Technical Support Specialist who will use a high degree of technical acumen and business savvy to support the Lumencor sales organization in managing support inquiries from established customers, track sales demonstration units and sales team trunk stock, facilitate the handling of return merchandise authorizations (RMAs), and answering complex technical product questions during and after the sales process.
- Stay up to date with expert level knowledge of the full suite of Lumencor products.
- Respond to customer questions and sales staff questions as well as all technical inquiries related to software and hardware issues for off-the-shelf products.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of Lumencor products as well as manage loan program for Lumencor’s demo pool. Assist sales staff in the management of equipment loans.
- Prepare for, set up, attend, and participate in Lumencor Trade Shows throughout the US.
- Support all installation-related troubleshooting, including on-site customer visits as needed for Lumencor products.
- Generate support documentation for installation and implementation of Lumencor products.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Coordinate the processing and service of return merchandise authorizations (RMAs).
- Manage the support of sales staff’s equipment, trunk stock, including period audit of trunk stock and demo units on-hand and coordination of the service and calibration of trunk stock and demo units.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum BS degree with cumulative GPA of 3.5 or more from an accredited college or university – additional education in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, or Software desired.
- Ability to communicate clearly and authoritatively in verbal and written English.
- 4+ years of technical support experience, ideally in optics, lasers and/or microscopy. This requirement may be waived for suitably qualified new graduates.
- A work history and proven record of problem solving and working independently.
- Experience in reading schematics, mechanical drawings, assembly documents and test procedures.
- Familiarity with processing return material and electronically controlled manufacturing processes.
- MS Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of and experience with optics in manufacturing.
At Lumencor, we believe in a healthy work environment for all employee, by fostering teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We believe a strong, healthy company culture doesn't just happen; we work hard at creating the best possible work environment for our employees. We continually push to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. Our Technical Support team understands their professional effort results in success for their team and the company. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If this describes the type of team you would like to be apart of, we want to speak with you!
We offer a full package of employees health, dental and vision insurance, a 401K plan with a fully vested match, an employer-funded Health Savings Account (HSA) account, tuition reimbursement and more.
Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.