Sales Development Representative
Sales | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bioanalytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories and individual researchers. The company is seeking a Sales Development Representative to join our Sales team.
Lumencor’s Sales Development Representative (SDR) plays an integral role in the company’s commercial operations. A successful candidate will assist our sales team, providing internal support to foster new business opportunities through a robust prospecting process. As part of our sales organization, the SDR will be actively involved in driving growth primarily through identifying and researching new leads in support of our global sales staff. Responsibilities extend to initial prospect outreach and qualification of assigned leads.
Work with sales staff to identify ideal customer archetypes by market.
Research, primarily web-based, new leads for life science, microscopy, materials science, clinical and scanner applications.
Develop a deep understanding of Lumencor illumination products and applications, in order to identify companies and individuals in our target markets.
- Work closely with sales staff to understand their target customers and develop outreach strategies based on those profiles.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to create, track, and report on prospecting activity.
- Own digital outreach related to the new leads you’ve created, with messaging guided by sales management.
- Maintain a consistent cycle of creating, qualifying, and closing out new leads.
- Help sales staff manage a workable lead load, by assisting them with outreach and qualification as needed.
- Meet or exceed a monthly quota of new, high-value leads.
This position requires 2-year experience in sales or account management.
This position requires experience using SalesForce CRM
- Database management and project management experience is a plus.
- A successful candidate must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Fluency in both Mac and Windows environments is a plus.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and a problem-solver with independent thinking and professional instincts regarding all forms of communications to the company’s many internal and external customers.
Prior experience working in a demanding, fast-paced technical environment.
Prior experience in an inside sales support role in the medical device or life sciences industries.
- Commercial experience in high content screening hardware and microscopy is preferred.
- Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employees health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other perks. Lumencor is an equal opportunity employer.