Demand Generation Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
- JobScore makes software that helps companies get better at recruiting. We compete in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) market.
- 1,000+ employers process 1,000,000+ job applications per year on the platform.
- We have a small, productive team in the United States and work with many consultants in southern Brazil.
About the Job
- As our first full-time marketing hire, you'll report directly to our CEO & head of product and will own customer acquisition and engagement for the company.
- JobScore is designed to be used by every employee at a company -- because hiring is a team sport. That said, you'll mostly market to in-house recruiters, HR, and hiring managers.
- JobScore has grown organically with very little marketing support... there’s low hanging fruit that's ripe for the picking all over the place.
- This is a hands-on opportunity for a mid-career professional who wants more exposure and impact. You'll work closely with founders, product managers, sales, customer success, software engineers, and awesome advisors.
- We already have a lot of our marketing stack in place for you to use (and abuse) including a lead database, CRM & more.
- Ideate. Strategize. Execute. Measure. Iterate. Repeat. Party till dawn.
- Do a lot of stuff yourself. Bring in outside contractors as needed. Drive revenue so you can hire your own minions.
- Run paid advertising campaigns, but only when you are extremely confident they will be profitable. (try free stuff before spending hard-earned $$)
- Strategic Owner: You take responsibility for the results of your efforts. When they fail, you can independently analyze and propose what to do next. When they succeed, you can propose how to amplify them.
- Iterative: You are comfortable with quicky & dirty tests... then working collaboratively through iterations to make things great.
- Copywriter: You love words. You always notice snazzy copy and file it away. Your modus operandi is to both inform and entertain. Email sequence? Facebook ad variations? Landing page? Newsletter? Directory listing? Blog post? Video script? Press release? No problema.
- Quantitative: You are fluent in the language of marketing measurement. You embrace truth in numbers and use them to prioritize.
- Systems oriented: You understand the demands of building for scale and self-service, and that some systems are required only after you have a strong signal.
- High throughput: You are very good at understanding and communicating what needs to get done -- then getting it done yourself.
- Collaborative: You know how to work with others to get what you need to make campaigns sing.
- Chutzpah: "Sure, lemme try that!"
- Extremely strong writing & editing skills.
- 3+ years hands-on experience working for a growing software company, preferably in a demand generation, growth or marketing leadership role. The right person may have held a manager, director, vice president, chief or head title.
- Comfortable collaborating directly with sales and success professionals to learn and help them get results.
- You don't have to look up "persona" "buyer's journey" "lead nurturing" "A/B testing" "email deliverability" "conversation funnel" "page rank" or "sales play" - you understand and have moved the needle on many of them before.
- You know what you are good at and what you aren't. You have successfully found, engaged, motivated, and retained awesome people/vendors who excel at things you do not to get the results that you need.
- Super-user of at least one acquisition & engagement platform. (Google Analytics, Segment, Mixpanel, Intercom, Sendgrid, Hubspot, etc.)
- Familiar with paid online advertising/lead generation systems. (Google AdWords, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook Ads, Capterra, G2, etc.)
- Familiar and comfortable with analytic tools. (Excel, pivot tables, SQL)
- Penchant for authoring plans for offshore / non-native English speakers to execute.
- Yearn to apply your talents in an entrepreneurial environment to a product that works & has a track record of success.
JobScore’s founders live and have an office in San Francisco, CA but this job is 100% remote. If you can travel to San Francisco from time to time, working in the same space is in the cards. We are looking for a full-time marketing wizard, but are happy to start out on a contract / part-time basis.
50%+ of whether we contact you will be based on the terse, original & entertaining prose of your cover letter.