Security | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
- Responsible for providing a safe and secure environment in a professional manner. Ability to be handle public interaction with disorderly or disruptive people. Also expected to respond to emergency situations.
- Must maintain secure environment by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, and access points.
- Provide executive protection and logistics support to company executives while on-site.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and instructions regarding the safety and security of employees and guests set forth by the Department head.
- Utilize computer software for guest registry, communication, report writing, building access and video surveillance controls.
- Remain in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations regarding security officer certification and First/Aid/CPR requirements.
- Knowledge of the locations of the emergency equipment and use.
- Assists in coordinating facility operations response to safety hazard identification and removal, and intake of delivered packages.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with employee and guests.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Vendor security checks of bags and equipment to prevent theft of property.
- Provide executive protection as needed, and during special events.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid California Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Security Guard certification card.
- Two years consecutive, full-time work in the Executive Protection field preferred or experience in the military, specifically conducting operations with government officials and VIPs
- As a condition of continued employment and employee must maintain current active status of all required CA BSIS Security and First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Applicant must pass pre-screening process including a background investigation.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and special events.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL FUNCTIONS
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs and ramps, occasionally during shift.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Run as needed.
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports on the computer.
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
Pay Rate: $21.00-22.00 /hr, overtime eligible.
IAC offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401(k) with company match.