Audio Visual Engineer
Information Technology and Network Services | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of widely known consumer brands, such as HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, About.com, Dictionary.com, The Daily Beast, Investopedia, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, OkCupid and Tinder. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide. To view a full list of IAC companies, please visit www.iac.com.
Title: Audio Visual Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Supervisor: Sr. Director, Infrastructure
Location: New York, NY
- Utilizing best practices and the latest available technology, assure that the best possible video conferencing experience is achieved.
- Acts as primary individual responsible for the set up, monitoring operation, and breakdown of basic to high end video conferencing, audio and mixing equipment (i.e. Ubiety, Skype for Business, Crestron), video, projection, and lighting equipment.
- Good understanding of video conferencing signal flow.
- Assist team with proper security, storage, transportation and maintenance of all A/V equipment.
- Accounts for all inventories before and after each event.
- Assist with security procedures, monthly and quarterly inventory, and forecasting equipment needs.
- Operate various business center equipment including computer systems, copiers, fax machines, etc., where applicable.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures, and develop solutions in a timely fashion.
- Telecom experience a plus
- Other duties as required.
- Expertise in video conferencing systems such as Cisco, Skype for Business. Intimate knowledge of video bridges and gateways.
- Must have proven A/V experience from a technologically-advanced company.
- Must be able to accommodate a rotating work schedule to include some nights and weekends. This position will be based out of our New York office. Some travel may be required, though rare.
- Candidate must have excellent customer service skills, ability to work independently and a passion for Audio-Visual.
- Great attention to detail organization and excellent follow up skills are necessary. Computer and network skills are expected.
- Knowledge and experience working with low voltage cabling, A/V Cabling, installation, pulling wire, maintaining A/V equipment such as ceiling or wall mounted screens, projectors, equipment racks and electronic white boards, LCD projectors, ISDN and IP video connectivity, video switching equipment, audio equipment, Crestron touch panels, PC’s, VCR's / DVD's, etc.