Cost Accountant / Analyst
Accounting | Lakewood, CO | Full Time
A leader in the Biostimulant industry, Horizon Ag Products began manufacturing soluble humus products for Agriculture in 1983. Based in Lakewood, CO, we are a recognized leader in our industry. With approximately 100 employees, we operate six manufacturing plants in six states and several surface mines. We strongly believe our products are of significant benefit to mankind and we make them better than anyone else in the world. We support a lifestyle of balanced priorities where everyone works hard and enjoys themselves and each other. We look out for one another and cherish the caring attitude and respect we have for one another in the workplace and beyond. Above all else, we conduct ourselves with integrity and follow the guiding principles outlined on our website, www.horizonag.com.
This position reports directly to the Controller, contributing knowledge, analytics, and business skills to support company objectives. This position will work independently within established policies and guidelines.
- Support development of system-related enhancements to improve efficiency and effectiveness of setup and maintenance.
- Main Accounting Manufacturing support for 6 Plant locations.
- Document recordkeeping and accounting systems according to company processes and procedures in addition to reviewing processes and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and control.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze Inventory costing and variances.
- Assistance with corporate reporting, internal and external auditors, internal controls, and special projects.
- Maintain and reconcile Inventory, Production Orders, Bill of Materials (BOMs), and provide analysis of trends, Margins, and significant changes.
- Effectively work with teammates on documentation and cross-training of procedures to ensure efficiency within the department.
- Provide ad hoc, timely and meaningful analytics as requested by Department Heads.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive business or accounting experience. (Required)
- Manufacturing experience. (Required)
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Self-motivated, with capability to work with minimum supervision and accustomed to being in positions of responsibility and accountability.
- High level problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be proactive and able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and must be able to work well with all members of the accounting team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with Acumatica desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business with an accounting concentration.
Classification: Exempt / Salary, paid bi-weekly, benefits eligible
Compensation: $75,000 - $90,000 Commensurate with experience and education
Location: Lakewood, CO
Reports To: Director of Finance and Accounting
Horizon Ag-Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Horizon Ag-Products will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position