Business Development | Los Angeles | Full Time | From $80,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognize the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
The Grimshaw Los Angeles studio is seeking a Proposal Specialist to join their team. This person coordinates and expedites all phases of the bidding/proposal process. A successful Proposal Specialist will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels. They will report to the Managing Partner of the LA studio.
- Work under the direction of the Grimshaw leaders to meet the requirements of proposal submission. Assist in the creation of high-quality pitch materials.
- Manage from start to finish all pre-qualifications, tenders and proposals including handling EOIs, RFIs, PQQs, ITTs, OJEUs, and other public sector procurement routes.
- Edit project sheets and existing materials including but not limited to, selecting images, updating resumes and working with the team to develop proposal-specific text and proof-reading materials.
- Manage and coordinate multiple resources for each bid/proposal including the internal architectural team, graphic design team, content writers, and sub-consultants. Collect and collate information and images from other Grimshaw offices.
- Review and critique draft proposal documentation, to ensure accuracy and that all winning themes are present. Prepare and draft text input where needed.
- Maintain project and employee database.
- Serve as administrator of collected information and completed work profiles.
- Conduct and compile detailed client, prospect, industry, competitor and market research/analysis to inform targeted business development efforts.
- Prepare and deliver regular updates to Grimshaw leaders and sector leads. Coordinates closely with other business development colleagues within larger region and global practice.
- Establish and maintain a proposal tracker including medium and long term leads.
- Monitor bid/proposal portals, public notifications, etc. to shortlist proposal opportunities.
- Liaise with potential clients and collaborators to make introductions to Grimshaw leadership and facilitate meetings. Conveys understanding of Grimshaw’s projects, services, history and values, and articulates information clearly and effectively to engender confidence and trust.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- Prior knowledge of the architectural/design industry.
- Experience in professional level writing and proof reading. Thorough attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work on tight deadlines, Must be proactive, organized and resourceful, with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work independently and communicate regularly with leaders to ensure clear priorities.
- High level of written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with Adobe Create Suite is required. Ability to design layout, edit, and produce documents for publication using desktop publishing and graphics software applications.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.