Project BIM Manager
Design Technology | London | Full Time
Grimshaw's London studio is seeking a passionate and talented Project BIM Manager to lead BIM delivery on one of the biggest and most prestigious Grimshaw rail projects, & support architectural teams in the use of BIM tools & workflows, specifically Autodesk Revit. With this project being their primary focus, the Project BIM Manager would also be involved in other exciting projects across the studio.
The Project BIM Manager oversees and directs the work of BIM Coordinators on project and also provides technical support directly to project team members. The role regularly reports to the Studio BIM Manager on the progress of the assigned project, providing feedback on the requirements for training, workflows or content.
Core responsibilities of the Project BIM Manager role will span from initial project setup & establishing delivery strategies to developing workflows for the project, managing a team of BIM coordinators, maintaining project BIM models & associated BIM support documents, managing BIM deliverables and training project team members.
Additional responsibilities include monitoring the performance & quality levels of BIM models and ensuring they satisfy the prescribed project-specific BIM requirements and Grimshaw BIM Standards, as well as assisting BIM Coordinators.
This position may also include hands-on project work.
At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity and innovation and you can expect to work in vibrant and fast paced environment. For all of our roles, strong communication skills and appreciation of Grimshaw design ethos are crucial.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative & Proactive working methodology
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Autodesk Revit and related software.
- Knowledge of Dynamo is highly beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of legacy CAD applications and practices.
- Experience of delivering projects according to the UK BIM framework (ISO 19650).
- Experience in using a CDE in an ISO 19650-compliant workflow.
- Experience with large-scale projects & teams
- Experience with leading & managing a team
As well as a competitive salary of £50,000 + we offer a fantastic range of benefits and great working environment.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that in order to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can realise their potential and succeed.
Any offer of employment with Grimshaw will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.